Emberwood a new face
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Private 
@Anatha - The tiniest of PP. I wrote at the end that Grezig saw "someone" ahead of her through the trees. Hope that's cool.

Grezig was once again bored, as the group had stopped moving for a time. She patrolled endlessly, catching small animals and scenting the edges of the forest as if their group had settled here. This was mostly to keep predators like bears or cougars away, and less of a deterrent for wolves, but if it kept away snooping, nosy wolves, too, then so be it. The last thing the group needed was drama that might prevent them from moving on quicker. Grezig chased a rabbit through the undergrowth, snapping at it fruitlessly as it disappeared down a bolt hole. She let it go, since there was no use standing there at the hole forever. As she looked up, she saw someone ahead of her in the trees…
165 Posts
Ooc —

the quick patter of footfalls startled the girl from her reverie, pausing in watching the insects in order to slip to her feet, hackles bristling. she realized shortly the blur of fur to be a rabbit, the footfalls to be not some attack but a hunt, and her hackles fell. she was still not relaxed in the slightest, however, and picked her way through the trees towards the unknown canid with rapidly twitching tail tucked close to her hocks.

she relaxed, slightly, when she realized the canid to be female, moreso when she realized she was likely a packmate. she chuffed a soft greeting, mahogany gaze searching as it scanned the stranger, yet otherwise unreadable.
did you hear the sun go down?
silent as a child I found
hiding in the midnight of my soul
I am ready now to let her go
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig padded through the trees, keeping the stranger in her sight. Soon they were standing before one another. She confirmed that she did not know this woman, but could smell others she did know on her. She must be another recruit. Grezig dipped her head in greeting, taking in the other woman’s form, the… nervousness of her pose. “Hello,” she said, her voice a usual monotone, which others could mistake for boredom. “I’m Grezig. I’m part of the group Liri and Kavik are putting together.” The other wolf probably had already guessed that, but this way there was no confusion. Grezig was a woman of little words, and so now she stood silently, waiting.
165 Posts
Ooc —

Grezig may have been a woman of few words, yet anatha was one of fewer still. silence stretched a moment as information was taken in, process, committed to memory.  "anatha." she blinked once at the woman, gaze staring through rather than at her before snapping back to rest on the woman's own. 

"hunt?" gaze flickered back to where the woman's prey had long since vanished; a sparrow bobbed there now, swift and deep brown as it winged from branch to branch. a simple offer that required only a simple answer, punctuated by a dull pang of hunger.
did you hear the sun go down?
silent as a child I found
hiding in the midnight of my soul
I am ready now to let her go
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
“Anatha,” Grezig repeated, something she did with every new name she came across. It was a way to help her commit the name to memory, as well as giving the other wolf a chance to correct her if she said it wrong, or if she’d heard it wrong. She watched the woman’s eyes flick to where the rabbit had been, and then she was given a one word question. ’Hunt?’

Grezig tilted her head to the side. “Was I hunting, or do I want to hunt with you? Either way, yes.” She stopped here, allowing the other a chance to speak again. Grezig didn’t say much, but this woman seemed… even quieter. Skittish. Maybe Grezig intimidated her? She sat down, tail thumping behind her to try and seem more friendly. They were group-mates, after all, and Grezig, even though she was ambitious and tough, never really felt the need to throw her weight around when it came to ranks. Besides, they weren’t even a pack yet. Technically, no one had any ranks.

Anatha died, sooo... I'm closing this.

But Anatha did not wish to speak to her. Grezig waited, but nothing happened, so eventually she grew bored, snorted in the female's direction and left.

[Exit.]