Mount Apikuni No one 'round here's good at keeping their eyes closed.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
@Corvus Vlad @Minori (not actually sure if she's caught up with them yet but just in case she has) and I think that's everybody

They had taken longer than expected to move on from the Emberwood, given that they had needed a rest after crossing through the Valley. The climb into the mountains was long and arduous; it wasn't long before the healer's limbs were trembling from strained effort. Her legs were growing stronger but the climb tasked her more than she was willing to admit. By the end of each day, it was hard to find the energy to patrol or hunt. At night, she collapsed into dreamless sleep at her mate's side, typically with Illidan somewhere close by.

The higher they climbed the more treacherous it seemed. The mountain side was slippery with loose rock and uneven legs - like Liri's - meant a possible tumble. Occasional foliage reached through the rock, struggling for sunshine, but for the most part the back half of the mountain appeared to be razed black by fire. 

As they approached the summit, Liri stumbled to a stop on weary legs. She raised tired eyes to the horizon, the chocolate-colored optics widening at the verdant and prosperous view. The greenery promised abundant life and a thriving niche if one was willing to carve it out. The view alone almost made the whole trip worth it. 

The fae made her way over to Kavik, seeking to stop at his side for a moment and touch her nose to his shoulder. Given that she had his attention, she gave him a small smile as if to ask Are you okay? 

The rest of the wolves would draw her attention in a moment, she would check to see that nobody was injured before they searched for something to eat. For now, she sought reassurance over his well-being first. He was carrying much pressure on his broad shoulders.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
RE: No one 'round here's good at keeping their eyes closed. - by Síff - July 18, 2018, 01:43 PM