Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,015 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Thanks for rescuing! :D

She observed the doe for a moment, though something—she couldn't say precisely what, just some sixth sense—caused Towhee to glance in the other direction. She startled badly when she saw another wolf there, unleashing an unwitting growl. Behind her and further along the bank, the deer quickly bounded away into the brush, alerted by the wolf's cry.

Quickly sheathing the lip that had lifted instinctively, Towhee squinted at the stranger who had unwittingly sneaked up on her. "You took me by surprise," she said in her usual wooden voice, feeling a subtle heat beneath her skin. It wasn't often that she was caught at such a disadvantage, despite her disability, and she hated when it did happen. She also despised having to explain that, "I'm deaf," in scenarios like this one, revealing her vulnerability to a perfect stranger after demonstrating how it could be a decided weakness.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
in the house, in a heartbeat - by Anuniaq - July 21, 2018, 12:47 AM
RE: in the house, in a heartbeat - by Towhee - July 21, 2018, 01:19 PM
RE: in the house, in a heartbeat - by Rueger - August 06, 2018, 09:20 AM
RE: in the house, in a heartbeat - by Towhee - August 06, 2018, 10:12 AM
RE: in the house, in a heartbeat - by Rueger - August 06, 2018, 12:41 PM
RE: in the house, in a heartbeat - by Towhee - August 06, 2018, 07:02 PM
RE: in the house, in a heartbeat - by Rueger - August 07, 2018, 08:25 PM
RE: in the house, in a heartbeat - by Towhee - August 08, 2018, 08:36 AM
RE: in the house, in a heartbeat - by Rueger - August 09, 2018, 07:24 PM
RE: in the house, in a heartbeat - by Towhee - August 13, 2018, 09:00 AM