Northstar Vale If I didn't know any better I'd say this was a long time coming
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
A few of them seemed to be reacting far more negatively than might otherwise be called for, so she turned to @Coelho, saying calmly and quietly, You can go get the others.  It was up to her whether she did and how she did so -- a howl, running to personally retrieve them, whatever, but though Treason wasn't scared of the group, she now definitely didn't trust them.  It was a reasonable thing to do.  Sure, they were outnumbered, but if they actually attacked, it was just going to look bad on them.  Their hostility was already proving that they'd probably be awful neighbors.

And then the pitifully small woman came forward -- on three legs.  Wait, was that someone this group was actually treating as a leader?  Seriously?  Like it was one thing if that was the long time alpha who'd had better days... But wasn't this a new group?  Why the hell were perfectly healthy, much larger wolves submitting to someone who was going to majorly drain resources from the pack if she ever sprained an ankle or something else relatively minor?  Come on, let nature take its course and have the strong rule as was proper.  Her opinion of all of them fell drastically, not that her stoic expression changed.  Idiots, all of them.

The guy had spoke first, so he was the one she first responded to, No, I think I'm the one who should be asking you that.  She didn't seem impressed.  Treason had every right to be here, so wasn't going to bow to this rando's whims.  Regardless of whether or not Coelho ran off by this point, she was still steadfast and unwavering. Her voice was calm, loud enough to make sure the others could hear if they cared to listen, and now more broadly directed at this little group with its pathetic possible-alpha female, I hope you haven't promised them things you really shouldn't be trying to fulfill here.  It'd be foolish to do so before knowing who you were settling near and what already was in residence.  Hint hint, move on ya derps.  Okay, so she wasn't 100% replying directly to the questions asked at this point, but she was more than covering the material.

Treason kept her tone even and cool as she always did, continuing, I'm doing you a favor, actually.  I don't think my pack will be particularly pleased to have someone trying to swipe a place they like hunting -- not a way to make friends in the neighborhood at all.  And maybe you haven't run across the scents yet, but this valley has a bit of a bear problem.  Or, do you like bears?  Her brows raised slightly, as if that question was serious.  It wasn't.  If they tried sticking around, maybe she could find that beaten up bear and give her a heads up -- could bears work like a pack to drive off the wolf invaders?  Enemy of my enemy, and all...  Either way, she was gonna bet on the bears, especially with one set of them being a mom and cub.  Good luck driving that off without loss of life.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
Messages In This Thread
RE: If I didn't know any better I'd say this was a long time coming - by Arbiter - August 07, 2018, 01:02 PM