Northstar Vale If I didn't know any better I'd say this was a long time coming
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig acknowledged Elixir’s presence behind her with a quick glance over her shoulder. Then she turned her eyes back to the… intruders? Or… whatever they were. She tried to keep her stance neutral at the very least, although the tension throughout the group was causing her hackles to want to raise on their own. She exhaled forcefully, calming her body and standing with slackened muscles, but watchful eyes. Those eyes moved to trail after Illidan as he scuttled closer to Kavik and Liri, clearly upset by the sight of the strangers. His distress pained her, but she did nothing about it. The strangers were more important. Her eyes swiveled back towards them. Another movement from her side indicated that Corvus had padded over to be closer to the alphas. Even now, Grezig stood still and waited. If the alphas wanted her nearer to them, they would tell her.

And then it happened. Grezig glanced at Liri, and Liri gave her the tiniest jerk of the head, motioning towards herself. Come here. Grezig gave her alpha a small nod in return, and then turned to look over her shoulder at Elixir apologetically for having to leave the wolfdog. She turned towards the alpha pair and made her way calmly to their side, standing next to Liri, shoulder to shoulder, and gazing at the intruders steadily.

The two intruders exchanged words, and then the bigger one turned back to them, speaking arrogantly. Grezig wanted to dismiss the words immediately, but some small voice in the back of her head told her to wait. There had to be more to the story than was being told right now. She tried to imagine being on the other end of this situation, coming into a valley where there had previously been no pack, only to be suddenly outnumbered, and to be stared at by every wolf in the vicinity. Even Grezig might lose her head in that kind of circumstance. Wait, the voice in her head said. Just wait.

’I don't think my pack will be particularly pleased to have someone trying to swipe a place they like hunting -- not a way to make friends in the neighborhood at all.’

Ah, so these were hunting grounds? Grezig nodded. This made more sense now. It was not unheard of for a pack’s territory to range over very long distances. It made sense that a pack who did not actually live in this vale might be uptight about another pack so near, especially if they used this valley as a food source. She couldn’t help but look around again. It did seem a bountiful place. She sighed internally. If they had to give this place up, she’d be disappointed for sure.

’And maybe you haven't run across the scents yet, but this valley has a bit of a bear problem.  Or, do you like bears?’

Grezig’s focus immediately returned. Bears? There were bears here? How could they have missed the smell of them? Of… of multiple bears? Was this female lying to them, trying to scare them off? Perhaps… Grezig continued her silence. She was not the alpha here. She would not speak. That job was left to Liri and Kavik.
Messages In This Thread
RE: If I didn't know any better I'd say this was a long time coming - by RIP Grezig - August 07, 2018, 06:24 PM