Northstar Vale If I didn't know any better I'd say this was a long time coming
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Since no one else in the NSV group was made aware that we were making a new round today (including me and Hela/Kavik) Hela and I agreed to let whoever hadn’t posted in the previous round post in this round, in the background. Anyone who has already posted last round cannot post this round (unless it’s a leadership member obviously). Hope that makes sense.

The smaller wolf took off, yipping strangely to call for who Grezig assumed to be other members of her pack. She dropped the strange yipping (it sounded coyote-like) and focused on what was happening around her. She felt Liri move a bit to block Illidan from view. Then Kavik spoke… and sounded angry, or… just in charge, more like. That was all well and good, since Kavik was an alpha, but Grezig was screaming in her head not to piss anyone off, since the smaller wolf had just gone back to get more pack mates. They did not need a full-on war over territory here. Grezig would just as soon leave and live somewhere else. And then another voice spoke up. That… Minori that Corvus knew.

’If there are bears around, why would you want to hunt here? They must eat most of the prey and make ot dangerous. It makes no sense to me, are you sure you are not just trying to take charge where it isn't your place for the fun of it?’

She said the words that Grezig had so wanted to say, but had held back because she wasn’t in charge. Grezig turned her head sharply and glared at the black wolf. Shut up! she commanded in her mind. Her annoyance was part jealousy that Minori had said what she’d wanted to say, and partly because, again, Grezig did not want to start a war right now. Kavik had likely already pissed off the one female who was left and Minori didn’t need to be adding fuel to the flames. Greizig heard nothing of what the woman had said to Thorleif, nor did she hear Thorleif freaking out in the background or speaking afterwards. She had gotten too good at blocking out his meaningless chatter.

Suddenly more wolves showed up and Grezig’s attention was placed back in the present. She eyed all of them, listening to the first one who spoke… The dark female seemed familiar, but Grezig could not place her. She claimed to be the leader of the Sunspire wolves. Well. At least they had a name now.

Then a male showed up, and said something that made this whole situation make sense: My name is Rannoch Frostfur, and I am the Alpha of Sunspire and former Alpha of Northstar Vale.

Northstar Vale. The name was unfamiliar, but Grezig knew what a vale was, and they were standing in one. She could have been wrong, but she put two and two together… So these were not simply hunting grounds. They had previously been the territory of the Sunspire wolves, the place where they lived. All of this pack’s anger (or whatever) was made very clear now. They were not only territorial, but possibly sentimental. Grezig knew they would never get the vale now. They would have to leave and find a new place to live. That was fine with her. It was better than sticking around and getting their asses kicked by angry neighbors.

Grezig could not help the sigh that escaped her. Had she known that coming here would instigate a pissing contest then she would have alerted her alphas to avoid the place altogether. Liri spoke words to the original female who’d shown up, then spoke to Rannoch, and at this point, Grezig did not care about what was going on anymore. She just wanted to leave. And it seemed that Liri felt the same way. Good. They’d find a nicer place to live, then. 

Then the annoying female spoke again and Grezig half-listened to the words, a bored, flat expression on her face. At this point? Whatever. She didn’t care. She just sat and waited and hoped a fight wouldn’t break out.
Messages In This Thread
RE: If I didn't know any better I'd say this was a long time coming - by RIP Grezig - August 10, 2018, 02:59 PM