Collapse Button/Link
。+゚☆゚+。Fly me to the moon。+゚☆゚+。
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
So I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out the code for collapsible content (such as buttons or links). I tried using the coding reference that's already on here but it doesn't seem to work for some reason, perhaps I'm doing it incorrectly?
[Image: da6698m-a8f89b53-b982-4210-bdbf-0270bf6457d3.gif]
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
The code is in that thread that you linked, but maybe something isn't matching up for you? Can you post the code you're working on, so we can see?

One thing that catches people, you have to make sure that the collapse button/link's "ID" matches up, in both instances.

This is the code if you just want a link:
Code:
[collapse-link=uniqueID]Link[/collapse-link]
[collapse=uniqueID]

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa[/collapse]
The uniqueID part is the "ID" of the collapsible content, so you have to match both.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
16 Posts
Ooc — JB

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa

Code:
[collapse-btn=collapsetitle]This is the button.[/collapse-btn]
[collapse=collapsetitle]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa[/collapse]

You have to make sure the area that says "collapsetitle" is the same between the tags! As for making it work without the button (the other code) it would look like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa

Code:
[collapse-link=collapsetitle2]This is a collapsing link[/collapse-link]
[collapse=collapsetitle2]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa[/collapse]

So you can see, between the two codes the only differences are: the collapse-btn tag or the collapse-link tag, as well as the titles used (collapsetitle or collapsetitle2). You can change those titles to anything - some people will denote it as "appearance" if its for that area of the profile, or "personality", etc - just has to match in both spots!

Does that... make sense?

Shadow posted omg sorry.
。+゚☆゚+。Fly me to the moon。+゚☆゚+。
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
@Arcturus & @Blackheart

Ahhhh I understand now! I think I see what I did wrong considering that I cut off part of the code I didn't think I needed by mistake, so that must be why it wasn't working for me. Thank you for helping me out guys! :D
[Image: da6698m-a8f89b53-b982-4210-bdbf-0270bf6457d3.gif]