The Sunspire A new face in the crowd?
10 Posts
Ooc — Sabrina
(Oh gosh, my first rp post in a while. I hope it's okay! This is supposed to be my joining thread for Zeph, by the way. ouo)

Living a solitary life had become dull to even the most boring, antisocial wolf in the area: Zephyr. After quite a while of spending all of her days holed up in a den, cowering from the outside world, the silver wolf had finally begun to explore her surroundings more. One day, while feeling perhaps a little overconfident in herself, Zephyr trotted into land that was very clearly inhabited by a pack. She stayed close to the end of the territory, of course, in case someone unfriendly came along and she needed to make a quick escape.

After a while of exploration, Zephyr decided to test her luck and delve just a bit deeper into the territory. The area here was nice; it seemed more serene and less volatile than the area she was accustomed to. Eyes and ears alert for other wolves or creatures, Zephyr continued to pad along. She couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy by this whole situation, though, and was silently willing that she didn't get attacked by overly-territorial wolves today.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
aaa, hello!
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Tracking an unfamiliar scent towards the mountain, she steadily picked up speed until she could spot the sterling-furred wolf. Amekaze had descended into the foothills to work on gathering any useful plants she could find before the worst of the frosts killed everything off. Since she was not well-versed in many kinds of plants, it was somewhat of a guessing game. But, she had mustered a curious collection already.

She quickly set aside her findings to return to later, then lent her whole focus to the stranger and announced her presence with a quick bark. Although her mouth felt numb from all the plants she had been dabbling in today and even the day's prior, this was easily forgotten about in favor of this unknown wolf. With her tail up tall and ears quivering forward, she was intent to learn more. Who are you? she asked, green eyes keened and sharp.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
10 Posts
Ooc — Sabrina
((hello!))
Hearing the other wolf's nearby bark nearly made Zephyr jump out of her skin. She quickly turned her head toward the source of the sound and her eyes rested upon the other. As a precaution, Zephyr lowered her tail and felt her ears press against her skull. The last thing she wanted was to look aggressive or threatening right now.

She felt her limbs get a bit shaky and a strong wave of heat rush to her cheeks as she realized that she had just been caught, red-pawed, snooping around on a pack's territory, and that this would not end well for her. Her parents had always been aggressive when dealing with trespassers, and the memories of how they were dealt with were fresh in Zephyr's mind.

However, she had gotten herself into this mess, so she figured that she would need to at least try and get herself out. She cleared her throat and spoke as loudly as her voice would allow, and though it sounded like a soft, nervous whine, she was surprised to find that she sounded less terrified than she actually was. "My name is Zephyr. I was just looking around and I got kind of lost. I am so, so sorry if this is your territory." While she wasn't very good with talking to others, she was a better liar. Zephyr had very well known what she was getting into when she started exploring. It was that timid, shaky tone in her voice and the faint trace fear on her face that might help her pull it all off, though.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

It seemed her arrival had startled the other. Amekaze stood tall, with her hackles raised up accordingly. While she did not command the largest of statures, she felt that she carried it well and if she so desired, could appear properly imposing without much effort. But, she did not press it for now. She was willing to humor the wolf to see what was going on here first -- it was a strangely welcome distraction from the tedious tasks she had buried herself in prior to this. So long as the strange remained appeasing, that was..

The grayscale female postured as a non-threat and explained herself, which kept Amekaze's lips from curling into a full snarl. Instead she kept her face drawn into a frown with only a subtle wrinkle of her muzzle to signify her disdain clearly. Hn, does your nose not work well then? she scoffed first with a pointed look and a stare that remained hard. I am Ame, Alpha of this mountain, the Sunspire. She swept her snout towards the spire overhead, thus clearly indicating that it was her territory. What has you sniffing around here, anyway? she asked, drifting closer with her tail held tall still.

10 Posts
Ooc — Sabrina
The ashen lady could clearly see the slight scowl on the other female's face. Zephyr cowered down a bit more and glanced up at the other from the tops of her eyes. She was trying very hard to keep from trembling noticeably now, for she was extremely nervous. Knowing that she'd managed to come face-to-face with the alpha of the pack was only making matters for her worse. "Well, I was just... I mean.." She trailed off, her voice a faint whimper. Feeling annoyed at how timidly she was acting, Zephyr tried to put some more effort into how boldly she spoke. This time, her voice was at least a little more audible:
"I..I don't mean you any disrespect in any way, and I certainly don't want trouble. It's just that I have been living in isolation for a while, and I'm still young and without much guidance on how packs work." Zephyr paused, realizing that she must be rambling. Cutting it short, she blurted out, "I just was very curious, and I apologize for snooping around."
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Her ears switched back, and fell to either side as she observed the evidently uneasy wolf who cowered before her. Soon, answers of some sort began to come to her and Amekaze listened with a soft huff. She could not say she was particularly surprised to hear what she did, though, but it did not necessarily excuse the intrusion entirely.

Very curious? Why? Do you seek a pack? she asked outright. While it was possible it was simply the mountain that interested her, Ame found it difficult to believe she had ignored the scents of the wolves. Maybe she had just been drawn to them subconsciously and had just been too preoccupied by her curiosity, though. The grayscale female had offered a handful of things that suggested to the dark-furred Alpha that it was likely in her best interest, whether she thought so or not. Especially with winter coming. Could a young, inexperienced wolf survive on her own?

10 Posts
Ooc — Sabrina
Zephyr's brows furrowed at Ame's words as she thought over the question. Was she in need of a pack? The weather was starting to get colder, which suggested that winter was just around the corner. Was she skilled enough to survive in the cold? Could she provide for herself?

Being the overly-cautious type of being, Zephyr decided that risking a winter on her own might not be the best idea. Having made her decision, she finally spoke up.

"When I first came into this territory, it was due to curiosity. Having thought about what you said though, I.. er.. I do think that I should start looking for a pack." On that last sentence, Zephyr's voice got noticeably more quiet and her gaze dropped to the ground between her paws. She was embarrassed, not only because she still felt shame from snooping around on a pack's territory, but also because, on top of that first reason, she felt as though she shouldn't be telling the alpha of that pack that she was seeking out a group of her own. Was it right to, in a roundabout way, suggest that she'd be open to joining a pack that she'd just blatantly disrespected?[/size]
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She knew well that not all wolves had the abilities to survive a winter alone, and there was no telling what this winter would shape up to be like. So far, nothing had indicated an oncoming harshness plainly, but nature was not always so straightforward; it was wise to prepare.

The dark female rumbled a low note. I see, she murmured thoughtfully. There are several packs scattered across this region, each different from the next. This was worth mentioning, but she wasn't intending to steer the grayscale female away just yet. To remain here, you would need to provide usefulness to our greater good.. to add to our strength, she said, muzzle lifting up just some. The stranger of a female did seem at least... somewhat respectful, and Ame thought she may have potential to learn once she settled into a routine here -- she certainly did not seem to be a hopeless case. If that were true, she wouldn't waste her time, but her relative youth and inexperience may be at fault for making her this way, although at the same time, it may only make her a quick study.

10 Posts
Ooc — Sabrina
She listened to what the Alpha had to say about the packs in the area and nodded silently to prove that she was listening. Then, once there was an opportunity mentioned for Zephyr to possibly join Ame's pack, the ashen wolf began to struggle for good things to say about herself. She didn't have much self-esteem and was also too afraid to say anything good about herself to someone as important as an Alpha, only to find that she wasn't nearly as good as she had claimed to be at something later on.

"U-uhm.. Er.." For a brief moment, her eyes flickered up to look at the darker female, then plummeted back down to the ground. "I, well, I figure that you're probably angry with me for trespassing and acting stupid, and you have good reason to be, but if you would consider letting me stay, I'm sure I could be useful somehow." Her voice shook a little as she forced herself to list a couple of her assets: "I.. er.. I guess I'm good at hunting, since I've been providing for myself for a while. I'm kind of intelligent, too, I guess." She could feel her face burning with embarrassment. Truthfully, she didn't feel as though she had many strengths. What use would she be in a pack?
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

The uneasiness of this wolf was so plain to see. Ame's ears stayed angled back, and her expression remained one of vaguely annoyed interest. But, she had patience still and was making progress, although it fumbled around at times. You are correct. It is an inconvenience, but I now know you do it out of... ignorance, not ill intentions instead, her still-lifted tail swayed slowly as she spoke, and although there was an edge to her words, a small smirk curved at the corners of her lips.

See, I did not think you were a completely hopeless case. How long have you been alone? The pack can always benefit from more hunters and gamekeepers to track the prey, especially as winter darkens, she mentioned, watching the grayscale female to see if this may interest her. Ame knew Jace would like having fellow gamekeepers around most of all. Deadweights will find no home here.. but learning and adapting is not so difficult, to those who truly want it.. Again, something to consider strongly as winter's grip tightened.

10 Posts
Ooc — Sabrina
Zephyr thought for a moment. How long had it been since she'd been around other wolves? "I've been living on my own since spring, I think." The light wolf paused for a moment, trying to think of the best way to word her next sentence. "I-if you'd be willing to give me a chance, then I would certainly try my best to adapt to a new lifestyle and to benefit your pack." She hunkered down a bit more, hoping she hadn't sounded too assertive.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

With a thoughtful little huff and a nod, she considered the answer and looked the silvered wolf over. For being alone for a handful of months, she looked no worse for the wear. Considering that, Ame could figure she had at least been a skillful scavenger and/or solo hunter over the span of the summertime months. Well then. You are welcome here, she said, tail swaying slowly as she spoke. Settle in as you please, and proving yourself will only make you more comfortable amongst the ranks. My Beta is a dark wolf named Jace -- he is a gamekeeper, as well, she mentioned, if Zephyr did wish to pursue it as a skill here. Any questions? she offered, for it had mostly been her asking until now.

10 Posts
Ooc — Sabrina
There was a trace of a smile tugging at the ends of her lips now. Though it all would surely seem overwhelming and intimidating at first, Zephyr was certain that she would adjust to life in a pack and enjoy it after learning the ropes.
"Questions?" she echoed back stupidly. There seemed to be so many in her brain, but not one that she could think to ask. "Uhm.. Will I have an assigned rank? Something that I'm supposed to do?" She figured that this would be a smart question to ask. It would not help her to prove herself by accidentally doing the wrong tasks in the pack or, even worse, doing nothing at all.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

It would likely be an overwhelming period of adjustment for Zephyr, one that Ame would oversee from a distance unless necessary. She liked to let members settle in on their own, to find their own groove here on the mountain. After all, she preferred to head an independent lot of wolves, not ones that needed her guidance on every aspect of the matter. She cherished her freedom too much to stifle them. Not exactly. New wolves begin at the bottom of the hierarchy, which is just.. simple and traditional here -- a linear sort of setup, she answered. There were no assigned tasks in particular, and in theory, a wolf could coast along with the bare minimum of activity and appearances to maintain a spot at the bottom. Which she did not recommend but this had never been an issue before. More confident, long-lasting wolves with well established purpose tend to rise. Once you are settled, pursue whatever you feel is right as far as tasks -- whatever suits you, and what you aspire for. There is not really a wrong way to do it. Hunt, contribute to caches, add to presence on the borderlands just to name a few.. there are many possibilities.

10 Posts
Ooc — Sabrina
The ashen female nodded, listening intently to the Alpha's words. She decided that she would start out by hunting to provide for the pack. Hopefully, after some adjusting, she would be able to do much for her new pack-mates and prove her worth.
"Okay. Thank you." Zephyr hadn't said much, but she wasn't much of a talker. She supposed that Ame and all of the other new wolves that she'd be living with would have to get accustomed to that.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
my last post ;D i wasn't sure if you'd want to post again or not so i didn't go ahead and archive yet to leave it up to you -- either is fine by me~

You are welcome, she replied easily. If you need me for anything, I am.. around, the dark alpha smirked subtly. Either by way of vocal summons or tracking her down, she covered much of the mountain during her daily routine so she did not feel she was difficult to find. Then, stepping back, she waited to ensure that Zephyr was ready to be set loose upon the slopes. Ame would keep an eye on her from afar in the days to follow, but assuming she was good to go, she would resume her scope of the borderlands.