Swiftcurrent Creek Darkness
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
A softness in the air. The flurries of the snow from the ground, whirling around. Nothing major, but he liked to watch as the wind carried away small tufts of the earth. It reminded him it was there. Sure he could feel it, but it was always nice to see it.

Arlette walked happily beside him. Her face dipped in layers of concentration as she thought of an answer. She wasn't lying it had been a little difficult. He chuckled. 

I know it is.

She turned the question onto him and he had to think about it himself. He loved the forest with it's dark trees. The shadows that could hide him when he didn't want to be seen. But Meadows, there was something about their direct openess. The way the sun shined on the flowers, dappling them in vibrant colors and warmth.  But it was also wide and you were easily seen, especially a black fellow against a color backdrop.

Forest to sleep in and live, but I would spend most of my time near a meadow. I love to lay in them with the sun warm on you and all those beautiful smells from the flowers. And if you are quiet enough and mindful enough. Sometimes little things will come and alight upon you. Butterflies, bees. Did you ever see a bee close up, Arlette? Their cute little fuzzy fluffs.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,101 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
So so sorry for the delay!! Real life got me in a twist

Arlette turned her head a little towards him when he told her about what he preferred. He painted a very wonderful picture. Arlette nodded happily. She liked that idea too. "That sounds wonderful," she agreed. Arlette thought about it for a moment. She knew the bees were important for the flowers, but she managed to give them a bit of a wide berth when seeing them because she had been stug once. Though that might as well have been a wasp. Still she stayed mindful with her nose around flowers.

"I got stung once," she admitted sheepishly. "So no, but I did see the really big and fluffy ones," she commented. She still stayed a little wary of them instead of admiring their beauty. She did admire their work ethic though and how they helped the flowers.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
No need to apologize. I hope it slows down for you <3

Arric had been stung a time or two himself. But he also knew they were only doing what came natural. And besides a little pain never hurt nobody. Just rub a little dirt in it. It would be alright. At least it was what he had been taught at any rate. Whether that was the correct way was as of yet to be determined.

Arric chuckled. They don't usually sting unless they have too. Now those yellow jackets, hornets and wasps. They are right bas*** I mean they aren't nice. Nope not nice at all.

A sheepish grin at her. He was trying he really was. His mouth would never be tame, but he could at least make an effort when he was around Arlette. He nudged her gently and pointed with his nose at the two squirrels that ran up the tree trunks as if chasing each other. Chattering madly at each other, oblivious thus far to the two wolves walking.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,101 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette nodded. "I know but i don't want to scare them or make them think they have to sting me," she commented. She had to chuckle when the male couldn't help but cuss a little. She chuckled. "I agree," she hummed with a smile on her lips. The female continued to follow him to the spot he liked.

Her eyes followed his nudge, to also spot the two squirrels. She watched them climb higher and higher as they chased each other. She then glanced at Arric. "You know, I don't even know if I will be good at this stuff," she sighed and glanced at him. Perhaps coming a little out of nowhere, but the squirrels chasing each other reminded her of their courtship, or whatever this was. "I don't have a good trackrecord. One dead and one missing assumed dead," she spoke. She realized that Arric probably didn't even know that. "Not sure how much you know, actually."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric chuckled and gave a nod. I get it. They can be nasty.

Arric was confused at first. Good at what? Walking? Because she was doing fine. Thrn though it was like a thunderclap.

oh. Oh i see his only thoughts at first.

Arric gave a little shift. Well then we can learn together. Cause I don't know if I'll be good at it either and my track record is also a bit uh..well it leaves a lot to be desired.

Arric tilted an ear towards her. The space despite the topic feeling easy. He didn't know what to say. Was he curious sure, but. Well it was for her to tell if she wanted.

Well I know you have children. And i assumed you had a mate at sometime. But other than that. I don't know much. But you also don't need to tell me unless you want too. And if you want too I'll listen, well.

But you should know too. Whatever it is won't change my mind or how i feel, because the past is the past for a reason.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,101 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette realized that she had confused Arric with her randsom blurb of insecurity. She felt a little guilty but he caught onto what she had been talking about. Arlette offered him a soft and apologetic smile. "Sorry I saw those squirrels chasing each other and it just..." She dipped her head.

"I did," she confirmed. "Bellatrix being one of them. Together with Merrit and Thyme. Although Bellatrix I named Mulberry, and Merrit was named Turmeric," she chuckled. She thought of Thyme and wondered if he was alright. She hadn't seen him for a long time. "Their father was named Derg," she explained. "My second mate. He was second in command of the Saints." She then quirked up her lips. "Perhaps I have a thing for that?," she teased a little.

"He went on a mission when the pups were a month old or so. He never returned. I assume something happened to him," she spoke. "I've been longer without him than with him," she admitted. Arlette suddenly did feel old. "Before him there was Kaito. My first love, I was young. We accidentally got pregnant, but he was sweet. My mother not so much. She wasn't happy with me for getting pregnant. She didn't need to worry about it though. When I was close to giving birth I was attacked by a cougar. He died, I lived with the scars to prove it." A soft sigh left her lips. "I soon gave birth but all of them were still born. This all happened in Easthollow, the territory where Kvarsheim lives. I left after that traume, or went with Derg to the Saints when I met him." They had come full circle.

"I stayed at the Saints until after Derg went missing. But when Fury died, that is Sovereign's mother, I just couldn't handle life and had to go away from here," she admitted. "Not my proudest moment. But it seems Sovereign isn't mad at me. Quite the opposite." She then looked at Arric. "Bonding to someone is hard when they can so easily leave you without them wanting to."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric looked at her. What're you apologizing for? Listen Lovebug with me at least. No apology necessary unless you wrong me or we fight or something like that. Though in moments like that I'll probably apologize first. Anyway. Never apologize to me for your feelings or your thoughts. I have no right to say how you feel or dictate what you're thinking.

A small smile. You like those dudes with a little sway, eh?

He chuckled, but sobered as she continued speaking. The Saints didn't sound like a good sort. The thought of Arlette who was literally the sweetest wolfess he'd ever met among them. Made him a little ill.

Well how about we leave cougsr fighting to me mmkk. I'm sorry you had to deal with all that Arlette.

He chewed on her words. Then he spoke softly. Well Arlette, I can't promise that nothing will happen to either of us, because no one is guaranteed tomorrow. I also can't say this is gonna be smooth sailing all the way through. I can dig in when I feel like it. But I can say with confidence. That I'm willing to try and you best be damn sure if something does happen out there. Just know with my last breath I'll try and get back. But I don't leave the pack lands often.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,101 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette flushed a little. "Sorry for suddenly springing this conversation on you," she admitted. Most men didn't seem to want to talk about feelings. It didn't seem to be the case with Arric though. She felt her heart melt a little as he listened to her. "Thank you for saying that."

Arlette then showed him a little grin. "Yes," she almost admitted. Her first love had been very sweet but she had really liked the rugged manliness from Derg. Arric had the same, and that had shifted when he said that he had felt protective of her. She instantly looked at him differently.

"I hope you won't because those beasts are terrible. I would fear for your life," she admitted. She battered her red eyes at him. She realized she did care for him a lot. She let out a soft sigh. "I know. Life is strange sometimes," she admitted with a nod. But the fact that Arric did stay with the pack and didn't leave often was something she actually really liked. "I think that is something I actually really like," she smiled. "Thanks."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric chuckled as they walked. These types of conversations don't bother me. I'd rather hear an ugly truth so to speak than a pretty lie. So i am always willing to hear whatevere it is. Good, bad, ugly or inbetween. And unlike many. Emotions don't scare me.

Arric wore his emotions right there for the world to see. But he could also jack your ass if you messed with him, his loved ones or his woman. Paws down.

He smiled. I've always been more of a homebody. Why go out when everything i care about or want is right here. Hmm?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,101 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette smiled. "Glad to hear that," she hummed. "Actually that is a wonderful trait to have. I like it," she smiled. It really charmed her, actually. That she could talk so openly about her feelings and emotions. "How about you? You said your track record leaves things to be desired. But is the woman with your possible pups the only one worth mentioning?," she asked, her tone without judgement. She couldn't deny that she was curious.

"Honestly same," she spoke. Arlette paused and then looked around to see if anyone was listening in. It didn't seem that that was the case. "I feel like were are more here than our alphas," she admitted quietly only for Arric to hear. "Or at least, they might be in the territory but I never see them." She felt a little guilty for saying it, but maybe they were more available in spring? Though, perhaps not if they were going to breed and have pups.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric laughed. I'm glad you like it. Somw don't. They prefer the lies. Or honesty can hurt. Which it can, but its important if it does hurt you learn from it or at least try too.

Arric blinked. Hmm. She's the only that it ever would have resulted in children with, but let me see. I wandered a lot and particularily right after my dad died. I met a few, 3 maybe 4, that filled a spot for a night. Before i realized it wasn't very constructive, more so destructive. Oh and Silver Tongue from Riverclan. She made her rounds with both Akavir and myself, oh and I think she had or has a thing with Wren.  But her and I are no longer a thing.  We haven't been since before you arrived. And it wasn't about love at least not for her and I. A little fun. We are just friends.

A backwards ear and he sighed. You aren't wrong. There was a time Akavir was here as much as myself. But then he started looking for family. And there was a trip with him and Silver and Wren. It was after that he grew distant. I don't know exactly what happened. And he was pretty broken up about something with Silver. I think he was in love with her, but I can't prove it and I won't ask. He guards his emotions.

He shifted. You remember that day you found me all messed up. That was a little after all of that. Wren was angry and broken and had hurt herself. And Akavir wouldn't talk to me and Silver had just disappeared. Then Wren soon after. I'm not sure what happened, but whatever did it wasn't good.

Arric didn't know how she was going to receive any of thia, but as he said. Better an ugly truth than a pretry lie. And he felt safe twlling her these things. He trusted that she wouldn't judge him and protect his feelings about everything.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,101 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette dipped her head. She did like it, but she hadn't really been that close with anyone in this pack before. Well, she had seen and been there for Arric when needed but now it was the other way around which was nice. She could lay her worries to him and just let them all out.

She was curious to know more about him. She didn't blame him at all for having other females, even if it wasn't for love. She hoped that perhaps she was. She had the feeling that things were different for him too. "I remember," she spoke quietly. Arric had been really upset at the time, and it was one of the first times they really got to talk.

"But now Akavir is with Eshe, so perhaps he got over that love?," she asked curiously. She thought about it. She hadn't seen much of them lately, especially Akavir. He had been sick, but she didn't feel confident to check on him because Eshe was also a healer. She didn't want to intrude. "Thanks for telling me," she smiled. Arlette glanced over him. "Anything particular you are looking for in a girl?," she dared to ask.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric was glad she felt safe with him. It was something he strived for. He wasn't the greatest at a lot of things.  But this he could do.

Arric nodded. I hope so. But he tends to hide when his feelings get too much. And he's self sabotaging. It all comes from a good place. But i wish he could see himself like his friends do.

A shake of his head.I like kindness and honesty. And someone who cares. Pretty much you. So don'tchange.

A smile and a wink then. Just over that small hill is the spot. You can see some of the icy canopy now.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,101 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette nodded. It was good to know these things and that it wasn't her. Sometimes she wondered if Akavir even liked her. She hardly saw him or he spoke to her. Perhaps it was just her own insecurity talking. But it seemed he wasn't a talker either. Perhaps only with loved ones like Eshe.

Arlette smiled that. "Good to know. I wasn't planning on it," she offered with a little grin. She then moved forward, really curious to what he was about to show her. She eagerly moved to the spot. She fit right under the briars and looked at the pretty sight. "It's pretty," she smiled.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning:

Arric could feel the same. He wondered half the time if Akavir still liked him. He hadn't talked to him in sometime. Even when Arric sought him out.

Arric settled back on his heels a bit. Enjoying the view. Arlette painted a pretty picture there.

You make it prettier. Swear to.

And all he thought at the moment was oh fuck Arric you got it bad

Its even better when the flowers grow on it and the berries. It both looks and smells sweet.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,101 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette felt heat rise to her cheeks. Flattered by the compliment. She moved a little so he could fit in besides her. It would be a little of a squeeze. The female watched the male, with his pretty blue eyes. "Likewise," she returned, feeling a little lame she moved in closer and gave him a little lick on his cheek.

"I agree, but also appreciate the rest of winter. Spring and Summer are always such rush hours," she admitted. She will could learn from the seasons to take a rest. She shifted her weight and leaned against him. This she hadn't expected when she joined Swiftcurrent though. Finding someone she felt so comfortable and at home with.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Blush on her cheeks. Snapping eyes. Cheezus he was done. A smile full and bright lit up his face making his eyes glint.

A soft hum in his throat and a nudge to her head, a nip to her ear. He shifted his position to hold more of her weight. Curling tight around her in their limited space.

A sage nod. That they are. Running around getting ready to make sure winter is okay.

A soft little sigh in his chest. I like to stay busy though.

All of this was unexpected. But he wasn't upset about it in the least.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,101 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette leaned against him happily. She felt the soft nibble on her ear and hummed. She felt safe in this embrace. She had to smile when Arric admitted that he rather stayed busy. "I know that," she hummed. "However, the seasons show us that even nature needs a rest every year," she teased him lightly.

But she knew that he was doing better with that, since he was sitting next to her right now 'doing nothing' instead of patrolling. "Thank you for taking me here," she hummed. She liked this serene quiet moment.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
She was small. But not to small. He wasntafraid he would break her if he held her to him. 

True enough

The seasons had a way of changing your perspective as they brought waves of changes every year.

A smile as she spoke. He loved it here. ::You're welcome. I'll have to bring you when its spring too. So she can see all the plants.:;
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,101 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette nodded in agreement to that. "I would like that," she admitted with a quirk of her lips. She stayed seated leaning against him. She realized that she had been growing more and more attached to him. Who knows where this was going but she had a feeling that it would go in a nice direction.

End?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
sure, thank you for the thread! <3

A grin and he settled in. They'd stay as long as she'd like. He'd tell her what she wanted to know. Making small talk about other things. And he'd be content for the first time in awhile to just exist there in the moment woth her.