Duck Lake Fearsome fishes
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
-Only the gentle are ever really strong. -
318 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Ink found herself closer to the lake than normal. Being that she stuck around Kvarsheim when they needed her.

Content to be near her daughters. Today though she longed to stretch her fishing muscles.

It hadbeen far too long since she had attempted to fish. So with a small furrow in her brow and a determined glint in her eye. Paws stepped into cold water. A soft chattering gasp at the cold. But she adjusted.
Common
Norwegian

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,098 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Daughter in law!!! Yay!! xD

Arlette decided to venture out into the world. Since her heat was over and scent fully out of her fur she felt that she could taste a little bit more of the outside world. Not that she truly needed it but now spring had started a wild rush of plants would start to grow. Arlette was always keep to scout and explore for any new patches.

She had wandered towards the lake and found that she wasn't the only one there. Arlette made sure to make herself known, but then realized she might interrupt the girl. She seemed to be fishing or going to anyway. "Sorry I didn't mean to interrupt you," Arlette sounded.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
318 Posts
Ooc — Danni
waves

Keri wandered if Merry was searching for herbs. It was spring and she was certain he'd be looking.

A soft noise behind her and she turned. A little wary, but her face broke into a amile when she saw a wolf nearby that didn't look harmful. Her face shape was familiar but she couldn't place it.

Hello. Hello. she dipped her head.

A small laugh. You didn't disturb me. Me.
Common
Norwegian

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,098 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette returned the smile when she was greeted with one. Her tail started to wag a little faster and was glad for the friendly interaction. "I'm glad, can I help perhaps?," she offered right away, coming up to the water line.

She couldn't help but sniff the female. She recognized her scent of that from Kvarsheim. A pack she had been visiting as well, since her son lived there. She hadn't seen much of him at Swiftcurrent. But she figured he was far too busy with his own life. As he should.

"I'm Arlette," she introduced. Her scent would probably tell her that she was from Swiftcurrent.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
318 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri blinked wide sea green eyes. A small sense of wariness as always with strangers. But she nodded gently.

mhmm.

Inkeri smelled a pack she knew but couldn't place, but that was alright. There was a shape to this womans face that teminded Inkeri of Merry and their children, but she didn't as of yet know why. Had merry ever told her his familys name?

I am Inkeri. Inkeri.
Common
Norwegian

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,098 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette smiled when the female seemed to agree? Wait, maybe she didn't Arlette hesitated now but decided to keep where she was. Not come closer yet. The female also introduced her. That name though! She knew it, she thought. Arlette scratched her brain where she had heard it. She then blinked. Then it came to her. Turmeric said something about Inkeri!

"Do you know Turmeric?," she asked then, sounding happy. She was pretty sure he mentioned a wolf with that name. Maybe this was the Inkeri he had been romantically involved with. "I'm his mother," she smiled. She knew she didn't look like him color-wise, but she liked to think she gave him a few features. He had looked a lot like Derg in coloring.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
318 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri motion3d for Arlette to come closer. A small smile.

Strangers make this wolf nervous. Nervous. But you are nice. Nice.

She didn't want her to go maybe she could make a new friend or.

The next name brought a smile to her face. Yes i know Merry. Merry. He be my boyfriend. Daughters father.

A small frown on her face.
We left for a time. Time. The girls stayed here. Here. But I missed them. Them. So I came back. Back. Merry is here, but we haven't met up yet. Yet. But is okay. Okay. Merry always finds me. Me.::

A small little happy smile.
Common
Norwegian

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,098 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette slowly stepped closer to the female when she showed a signal of consent. Her tail wagged to show her kind disposition. "I sometimes feel the same way," she hummed. She noticed that the female sometimes repeated words. She didn't know why but she decided not to question it. It didn't limit her understanding her perfectly.

"Oh so then you are my daughter in law then! So then you really don't have to be afraid because you are then family," Arlette instantly decided with a happy smile. It was really nice to meet the girl Turmeric loved. "Daughters?! Oh how wonderful!" Another of her children having pups. She felt old until she reminded herself that she most likely had pups of her own this year again.

"I'm sorry he left. But it is nice to hear that you know he will always come back. I think so too," she smiled. It did worry her a little that he had gone but it was a relief to hear that he had returned. "Well you and Turmeric, and the girls of course, are always welcome to visit at Swiftcurrent."
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
318 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri had begun to repeat words as a child. The abuses she suffered were great. But she would keep this to herself for now.

Inkeri's smile grew. Nice to meet you. You. You are like Merry. Merry. Nice. Nice.

Lilja and Fjola. But Lilja uses nickname Lemmikki. Lemmikki. Fjola has left. Left. I will tell Merry to bring her. Her.

Inkeri chuckled. Merry has a wanderers heart. Heart. I will not take this from him. Him. He always comes back so. So.

Inkeri wagged her tail. Do you like to fish? Fish?
Common
Norwegian

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,098 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette smiled at that, no she beamed. Because that was the best compliment that Turmeric had been kind. One always hoped to raise their children 'right' and hearing that Turmeric was kind was just music to her ears. 'Nice to meet you too," she smiled.

"That sounds wonderful. I'd love to meet Lemmikki,' she hummed. It seemed he got that wandering heart from his father. Derg was also always out exploring and bringing messages to others and whatnot. "Yes, he got that from his father." Though his father hadn't returned one day, but she wouldn't tell Inkeri that yet, unless asked. She knew with 100% certainty that Derg wouldn't have left her either by choice.

"I do! I've been taught recently!," she smiled and then stepped slowly into the water. "I'm still practicing so don't expect too much!," she told the other.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
318 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri wagged her tail in delight. Glad she could offer his beloveds mother a compliment for her beautiful son.

Ink smiled. I always liked to wander too. Too. But i think. Think. I am ready to settle. Settle.

Inkeri laughed. No. All i ask is you try. Try. That be good enough. Enough.
Common
Norwegian

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,098 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette smiled. Some wolves had that need to get out there and explore. She was more than happy to have that stable home. She was never that bored in Swiftcurrent. Well, I don't think it is something bad to want to wonder. But easier for when you have family, she agreed.

Arlette had to smile at that. I will try my best!, she assured the female. Arlette got into the water and tried to stand as still as possible so the fish would come closer. Now she would need to wait, and then try and strike at the right moment.

Can you tell me some more about your daughters? she asked. Wanting to hear all about her two granddaughters.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
318 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri had always liked to wander. But now she was excited for this new chapter. For this new life where she didn't go anymore. She could stay with her daughter and Merry. Though she wasn't sure if Merry would ever get rid of that wander gene. And that was okay. As long as he returned to them.

Inkeri looked over the water. I always go for shadows.Shadows. But coyote taught me once to use meat. Meat. I don't like that though. Though. Seems mm wasteful. Wasteful.

A sad smile. I have not seen FJola in long time. Time. Not even sure if she still lives. Lives. And that is my failing. Failing.

A curl of her tail. But Lemmikki likes to garden. Garden. And flowers. Flowers. She is quiet and shy. SHy. But always cheerful. Cheerful. More forgiving than she should be. Be.
Common
Norwegian

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,098 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette instantly nodded. She knew about the shadows. She had been taught that way as well. It seemed she got the basics. However, Inkeri did tell her something new. Meat? What?? Fish ate meat? No way! Oh I didn't know that! But perhaps that works here since the water is rather calm? We have flowing rivers that would take the meat away, which would be very wasteful, she agreed.

Arlette turned her focus away from the water and onto the woman. She didn't condemn her, in fact she almost felt a bit of the same. I know how you feel. I also haven't located or found Turmeric's brother. His name is Thyme. I hope Fjola shows up one day, Arlette returned kindly. She had to smile at her next words though. If she ever wants lessons in medicinal plants or come to look at my garden she is always welcome! That would be exciting, teaching a grandchild of her.