Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,013 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Private 

The weather kept changing its mind today. The day dawned dreary and gray, the heavy clouds portentous; perhaps one of the season’s first storms would gather overhead. But then they slowly parted, the sun fading in and out of view along with glimpses of bright blue.

The forecast didn’t necessarily lend itself to travel, though Towhee didn’t endeavor to go far today. She was back to normal, though she decided to continue staking out in the copse, at least for a while. Life had struck a pretty good rhythm there, and Meerkat and Njord didn’t mind if she wandered off every once in a while.

She ventured just beyond the foot of Ghost Lion Crag, parking beside the stream emptying from the nearby Alpine Lake. Towhee glanced at the sky—still partly cloudy—and then peered at the water. She could use a bath, though her own words of warning about the buddy system gave her pause, lips curving in amusement.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,284 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn had been unsure when dawn had woken him, what the day would have in store. Overcast and cloudy it had added a new layer to his current sadness, guilt and anger. But it seemed as always that Samani was taking care of him and she brought the sun.

Anxious about the current situation in his pack and the concerns of leadership. He decided that today he would leave for a bit. Maybe he'd be able to hunt. Maybe just breathe. He wasn't sure which one he needed more. He hated the thought of leaving the pack lands, even for a brief respite, when so much was needing done. However, he also knew that as a leader he needed to take care of himself too.

He followed a river, and it brought him to a sharp crag and then the lake. Where surprise surprise he found a familiar face. A smile lit up the russet of his face and he waved his tail.

He knew she would be unable to hear him, so he made sure to get into her clear line of vision and sign hello.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,013 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When Rodyn materialized in front of her, a surprised smile crossed her face. It slipped a little when she remembered their last conversation. She felt her cheeks warm with slight shame as she remembered not only her terrible state at the time but all the things she’d said to him… right before she’d just left.

Hey, she said quietly, how are you, Rodyn? And the boys? She exhaled a long sigh. I’m sorry I haven’t visited.

She’d been sick, of course, but Towhee didn’t want to make excuses. Besides, she ought to let him get a word in edgewise. Towhee took a seat, looking to him patiently for a response.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,284 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn held nothing against Towhee. She had been upset and sad at their last meeting. And he couldn't blame her. And he hadn't been in the best place mentally to offer any help other than what he had.

A small smile and he dipped down. He quickly said hello, how are you in quick succession with his paws. He had learned a little more and practiced.

The boys are good. Rolayne is finally home to stay. He and I just went hunting. Panuk is still very reserved. I think he will leave us soon and travel perhaps. Maybe it will do him good. How are you? What have you been doing? You doing okay?

He tried not to ask fifty million questions knowing it would strain her eyes, but once he started he couldn't quite stop.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,013 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He didn’t seem to hold it against her. That almost made Towhee feel worse, though she decided to focus on how grateful she felt instead. Rodyn was a good dude.

I got my head in a better place only to fuck up my body pretty badly, she admitted, and it took a while to recover from that. But I’m doing much better now. I’m living in the copse. It’s quiet there, she explained, smirking at her own phrasing, but if it gets too quiet, I know they don’t mind if I wander off a bit. Meerkat and Njord are easygoing that way.

Of course, seeing Rodyn made her want to query after Phox. But she supposed not much had changed since Stingray’s reconnaissance mission. Or if anything had happened, surely he would think to mention it at some point. Towhee wouldn’t mind gossiping about Team Hephox a bit.

But she’d noticed something and said, You didn’t say how you are doing.

Moontide
Alpha*
1,284 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn held very few injustices to heart. And he hadn't felt as if it were an injustice. His friend had been hurting and he had wanted her to feel better. Even if it was as far away from him as needed. She had needed it and she seemed okay.

He frowned and looked her over. I'm sorry you've had such a rough go of it lately.

She looked healed enough. There didn't seem to be any lingering issues. She seemed in good spirits, her body sound.

He sighed and touched his paw to his snout in thought. I'm not sure if i'm leader material Towhee.

He took a deep breath. I think I maybe too nice. I just invited some wolves into the pack lands. They needed a place to stay. He's a hunter, she was pregnant. She had her child soon after arriving. But he is also a nasty man. He hurts his wife. What do I do if he hurts his child too? And I can't chase him out yet, because I don't want him to hurt her worse.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,013 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her lips parted at his answer. Towhee wasn’t sure what to say, though Rodyn wasn’t finished. She watched his face closely as he described the situation in Moontide. She felt the impulse there to refute his “too nice” commentary, though perhaps there was a kernel of truth there because this sounded like quite the predicament.

Have you considered biting off his dick? she mused before adding, Sorry, I don’t mean to make light of it. But I keep hearing that Moontide is very crowded these days. Why don’t you ask your pack mates to back you up and oust this guy?

Moontide
Alpha*
1,284 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn spoke more than he had meant too. But he hadn't had anyone really to share his burden with lately. Even Heph was stretched thin. And she was beginning a relationship with Phox and he didn't want to cause any issues there. HE wanted his friend to be happy.

He laughed then and shook his head. I've thought of quite a few terrible things to do to him.

HE nodded. We are at capacity. I could not bring any other wolves into the fold. The problem being most are nursing mothers and children. I plan to oust him. I am waiting to hear from Moonwoman and Sunman, because this is new to me. And I don't wish to cause more harm to the woman orher child. Have you ever dealt with this before?
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,013 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I bet, Towhee thought at his next comment, letting him finish before saying aloud, Have I had to run off a douchebag before? Oh yeah. My first mate comes to mind. She paused to collect her thoughts. Don’t you have anyone else in your ranks who can help you show this guy the door?

She thought of Phox and Heph, frowning thoughtfully. Neither one was really the type for such dirty work, though Towhee knew that if push came to shove, her brother would do what he could. And surely his girlfriend would too. There must be others. She tried to think.

What about Chakliux? Even his son is old enough to help with this, isn’t he? And if your allies come to help, surely you can boot his ass and look after mother and child?

Moontide
Alpha*
1,284 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Towhee said nothing. She seemed to know what was going on and her calm demeanor helped him to think it all through.

Chakliux, Heph and Phox. That's about it. Raiyuk is out with a wolf Racharra taking her to moonglow. He isn't around at the moment.

Rodyn nodded. That is what I am waiting on. I just have to tread carefully is all. I hvae never seen such cruelty it makes me sick.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,013 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
No, she countered gently, you don’t. That’s four against one, Rodyn. You don’t even need to wait on your allies. She sensed there was more to it than strictly the odds, though. If you need someone’s blessing to act, then take mine. This guy is a threat to his wife, his kid and everyone else in the pack. You need to do what needs to be done, even if it’s not nice. Think of it this way, if it helps: you’re taking out the trash for the common good.

She briefly thought of that day last winter, when Chakliux had been headhunting. She’d pledged herself to the cause. That impulse flared now too. Towhee owed Rodyn a favor. But she wasn’t a free agent these days. Everything she did would affect Sun Mote Copse and the careful peace there. She licked her lips, pondering it but saying nothing.

Moontide
Alpha*
1,284 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn's ears lifted forward and he nodded, but there was an air of sadness to him too. And quiet wariness. He was unsure what this could bring to the Moon packs doors. And he had to remember it was not only him that this would effect. No matter what. IT wasn't just him. If something happened to him, who would care for his children. Who would make sure those in Moontide didn't suffer for it. Furthermore, would this Cen would he build a pack and some day come back to their borders.

He nodded then. As hard as it was. Towhee was right. He did need to act and soon. He just hoped that he could get to Aiolos and Moonwoman sooner rather than later. He didn't wish to attack without their blessings, because this would also effect them. And what if this was a practice that was normal? It didn't seem to be, but so many cultures were different.

HOw are you enjoying being near your grandbabies?
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,013 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The subject change gave her whiplash. Towhee blinked, her eyes moving back and forth across his face as she tried to read it. She supposed it wasn’t actually her business, whatever he decided to do, especially since she hadn’t offered her help.

It’s great being close to two of them, she said slowly. Skipjack is blind. With me being deaf, communication’s been a shitshow sometimes. But it’ll get better as he grows up, becomes more articulate. They’re both good kids—bairns, they call them.

Her orange gaze skipped over the water again. Towhee snorted quietly, then faced Rodyn again.

I taught them about the buddy system not long ago. Wanna be mine? I was going to take a dip. Maybe you should too. The water’s gonna be colder than a witch’s tit this time of year but maybe it’ll wash way some of those bad vibes.

Moontide
Alpha*
1,284 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn realized what he had done and smiled. I'm sorry. I take your words to heart. But I need to think about them before i come to a conclusion. Thank you so very much for always taking care of the boys and I. And for giving me advice.

He frowned. I'm sorry he has to go through that. But much like his grandma i imagine he will be very strong of spirit and resilient.

He chuckled and nodded. Motioning towards the water. lead the way.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,013 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Seconds after Rodyn told her to lead the way—and she’d taken her first few steps nearer to the water—the sky decided to drench them from above. Towhee paused to glance upward as she felt a few cold drops hit the top of her head and along her back, then it abruptly became a deluge.

Without realizing, she gave a little shout of surprise. It was cold! She instinctively moved closer, pressing against Rodyn. She had half a mind to look for shelter when Towhee remembered what they’d been about to do. She laughed, her warm breath gusting against his ear.

Still want to swim? I’m game if you are, she said overly loudly. I mean, we might as well.

Moontide
Alpha*
1,284 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He heard the heavens opening and then he felt the cold splash of rain. Before he could take a breath a sprinkle became a downpour. A soft sound of surprise left his own maw.

He shifted bulky body trying to cover Towhee as best he could. Appreciative of her own warmth to the cold of the rain.

Rodyn laughed amd then nodded. He couldn't put his fave so near hers. But he knew she could feel his nod. So with a mischievious look. He moced away from her and bounded towards the water landing with a big splash and laughter.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,013 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She didn’t catch his expression, nor his laugh, but she felt the flick of Rodyn’s head seconds before he darted away. Towhee stood still, orange eyes watching as he plunged into the stream. Then she galloped after him, leaping into the swelling current and trading one wall of water for another.

It was hard to catch her breath when she surfaced, as heavy rain pelted her face. She sucked in a few deep, wet breaths as she spun, searching for Rodyn. She saw his face bobbing off to her left and paddled closer, squinting against the absolute onslaught.

Whose idea was this?! she bellowed, laughing despite herself. Because it was a bad one, a very bad one!

Nevertheless, Towhee made no bid for shore. Instead, she held her breath and pressed her face underwater. The stream wasn’t very deep here, though she dove for the creek bed and then twisted to look up toward the surface. She could see the raindrops striking it like shifting glass.

After marveling a few seconds, she turned her head, blowing out bubbles as she spotted one of Rodyn’s legs. Towhee swam toward him, giving the limb a playful pinch before she found purchase on the river bottom and thrust upward, her head breaking through right next to his.

Moontide
Alpha*
1,284 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
This was dangerous and reckless. And Rodyn knew it about .5 seconds after crashing into the water. And yet. The feeling of lightheartedness kept his fears at bay. For too long he had been in a sort of purgatory with his emotions. And now he could feel them a little again.

He anorted and swung around when she pinched hia leg, but he was laughing by the time she surfaced l. They couldn't be in here long before the rain swelled it beyond what it should be. So he paddled a little closer to shore. But not leaving just yet.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,013 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The downpour slackened a little, though water still drove heavily from the sky. Towhee saw the flash of Rodyn’s grin before he turned away, sculling back toward shore. She followed in his wake, like a duckling trailing its mother. Neither exited the water, instead pausing to bob in the choppy shallows.

How’re your vibes? she quipped. Half-drowned? Towhee guessed, water spraying from her lips as she laughed.

Moontide
Alpha*
1,284 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
The rain felt like kisses on his skin. Was Samani there. Letting him know, reminding him to have fun. He liked to think so.

He chuckled. And nodded. Giving her a nudge to her shoulder or head. Making sure to dip into view.

My vibes are good, thans Towhee.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,013 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Despite the rainwater’s persistent chill, Towhee felt a tendril of warmth unfurling from the point where Rodyn touched her. She returned his smile, happy to see his. Much still weighed on him, she knew, just like she knew what that was like. It was another thing the widows had in common.

I’m glad this random rendezvous could lift your spirits, Rodyn. You deserve a break from all the bummery, she said, clapping a paw on his shoulder as she stood up and began wading out of the water. Yes, she said as she stepped onto the shore, I just made that word up.

She turned to look at him, mostly to catch whatever reply he might make, though Towhee suddenly realized something: Rodyn wasn’t exactly hard on the eyes. He had a rugged look and presently resembled a drowned rat—she snorted, aware that she must look even worse—but she assumed his appeal had a lot to do with his gentle spirit.

Towhee could’ve felt awkward or any number of things toward the momentary attraction. Instead, she just smiled softly and let it happen, comfortable in the knowledge she didn’t have to do anything else with it.

Moontide
Alpha*
1,284 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was as always oblivious to any and all things. He was glad to have a smile with a friend. His burdens were heavy, but they had lessened a little so far.

HE laughed at her words. And further more the word she made up. His laughter warm and bright like it had been once upon a time.

That's an awesome word. I accept it.

Rodyn had not looked at another in months since Samani had been lost. And he wasn't sure if he would anytime soon. He was happy to exist and move on when he was ready, if he was ready. He had time or not. It didn't really matter. He had two sons. And many friends.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,013 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
If you use it, you owe me royalties, Towhee teased, tail flicking little rivulets.

She drew in a breath, then let out a sigh. It wasn’t unhappy, though she knew she really ought to head back home now. She’d only just recovered her health recently and didn’t want to risk getting pneumonia or whatever. Towhee shivered a little as she thought of The Taigh, cozy, dry and full of warm grandchildren to snuggle!

Hey, I ought to get back. If you ever need to get away from all your bummeries, come by the copse. You can bring my brother or the boys with you too, Towhee said, pondering briefly before adding, but I’d be happy just to see you.

She smiled at him, flicking her head to get rid of some pesky water trickling into her useless ears. Towhee then moved toward him, bumping her white-streaked shoulder against his brown one, their soaking wet flanks clapping together momentarily before she began sidling away to the copse.

See you, Rodyn.