Sunspire Mountains Round Peg, Square Hole (Joining Thread)
7 Posts
Ooc — Fenn
Of course it had to happen to Itheril. Of freakin' course. The large ebon wolf sighed heavily, letting his head fall upon his crossed forepaws, wondering why the universe had condemn him so. It must of been because of his good looks, he figured. Or handsome face. Or unwavering charisma. One of those. It was the only explanation why he was wedged, headfirst, halfway into a small cavern in the side of some big freakin' mountain, the tastiest-looking rabbit he'd ever set eyes on trapped, but just out of reach.

It sat there, staring at him. The fat, white rabbit was either terrified, or taunting Itheril. Probably taunting him, he figured, grunting softly as he tried once again to pull himself forward. He didn't budge. Bloody mountain caverns, he thought to himself, never big enough for strapping young wolves like me. Save the fact that it was his large, ample gut that was currently keeping the ebony wolf wedged in the side of the mountain, like some weird novelty wolf-ass cork in a bottle of wine.

Itheril growled once more, hindpaws digging into the rocky ground outside in yet another attempt to stuff himself in; all he succeeded in was causing his raised backside to wobble side to side, footpaws clicking against the stone. The wedged wolf stared daggers at the rabbit. I know you're laughing, you ass, he thought to himself, But just you wait...you'll be in my belly before long, or my name isn't Itheril Grimus Kar.

That was his hope, anyways. The long journey South had taken its toll on the famished creature...in a manner of speaking. He'd been forced to hunt for himself ("The indignation!"), dig his own shelter against the cold ("The
malfeasance of nature!"), or horror upon horrors, not have anyone to chat to. A day prior to arriving at the base of this mountain, however, he'd finally caught a scent of fellow wolves. Reckoning whoever the pack was would leap at the chance to recruit a handsome, charming, talented wolf of his stature, he'd journeyed further into their territory. Then he got whiff of the rabbit, a chase ensued...and now he had expertly cornered the rabbit.

He'd also gotten himself stuck in the side of the mountain, large, ebon posterior sticking up in the air.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
hi :D quick reply before i bed ~_~
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

She ranged out just enough, for mountainous terrain kept her busy. The borders were scoped, a renewed vigor upon them after Jace's intercepted intruder a while back, and almost constantly she felt the pull of the hunt. Despite some recent success (marked of course in failure too), it was impossible to settle and relax.

The days might have subtly begun to lengthen again, but she remained restless and at times viciously so. Jace's reinstatement to beta had lightened duty for the dark-furred female, nature had demanded that she remain busy and attentive to the edge of obsessive, almost -- to keep herself fit, and to uphold all that was the Sunspire.

So she jogged the slopes and picked her way downward. A path curved underfoot and she tracked it a while, until she caught the scent. Naturally, a shift was in order and soon, she saw, and she was sure to look twice to make sure she was seeing it properly.

It was a curious sight to find: just a hind end which was, upon closer inspection, quite stuck. Her ears were quick against her head and she approached with a low rumble in her throat. This was bizarre, and just from the sight of his latter half, he was a big creature so close to her turf. She lifted hackles and tail alike, snorting as she drew near to the wolf's rump to test truly how stuck he was. Up close, his size was even more apparent.. which was noted. She still felt keenly confident in her relative smallness. Speed and ferocity were always in her favor.

How unsightly.. she grated with a chuff, her breath practically on his haunches then as she bit back the curve of a smirk. Amekaze sounded annoyed, true, but she was also curious. Since he smelled of no neighboring pack (or anything in particular that she could recognize, really), she was slightly more accommodating, but all he need to do is give her good reason and she'd devote herself to removing him from the Sunspire's vicinity for good.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
7 Posts
Ooc — Fenn
[Heh, thank you kindly for taking the time to do so before snoozin'!]

An hour or two had passed, and in that time, Itheril had seemed to run a gamut of emotions. After more strenuous (and for any outside, unflattering) maneuvers succeeded only in getting him wedged tighter, the wolf snarled and shouted at the rabbit, hurling rather colourful expletives at it. Quickly after, he tried a different approach.

"Perhaps we got off on the wrong foot,"
Itheril began, putting on his friendliest smile, "We're both at a rather literal impasse, so why don't we work together? You come over here, pull me in, and I solemnly swear not to eat you. Honest." The rabbit remained silent and unmoving, just continuing to stare in terror at the canine blocking the only escape.

It all went downhill from there. Not getting any response from the rabbit, Itheril broke down. He sobbed and pleaded to nothing in particular, flailing to get himself in or out...alas, as before, his ample gut was plugged in the opening, bulging out around it like Play-Doh; his broad chest and ribs had crammed in past the narrow aperture, so there was no way he could reverse without breaking all his ribs.

Hind paws dug into the ground outside, pressing with all the remaining strength he could muster. Tail raised to the heavens, as if to ask for something, anything's blessing. Ample rump plumped up in yet another unflattering view to anyone unlucky enough to be viewing. Midriff bulged out around the rock prison, whatever slivers of light that had been slipping into the cave now blocked by a ring of ebon muffin-top.

Please, please, come oooon.... Itheril whimpered between grunts, sounding more and more like a pup having a temper tantrum, This....this isn't fair! Why can't I-"

"How unsightly.."

Itheril froze. A wolf. A female wolf from the sounds of it too. He quickly stopped trying to cram himself in, getting into a slightly more dignified posture...as dignified as one could be while stuck headfirst in a mountain, ass sticking up in the air, anyways. He puffed out his chest. He put on his patented Itheral Charmer Grin™. It didn't matter that his posterior was all the unknown female could see. It was all about the procedure.

"Good...uh, day? Good day to you, miss....um, somebody. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm sure a lady as refined and beautiful as yourself could find it in your heart to help a foolish, rugged, handsome wolf such as myself inside this cavern? There is a very lovely rabbit in here I'd be more than happy to split with you, 20/80. What say you, dear?

Class.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

In silence, she had observed his struggle and soon it all stopped. He had looked stuck in the fullest sense of the word, and, the fact that he remained so even in her presence was just further proof. Up close, she could see just how tightly he fit in between the rocks. In fact, she was fairly certain she had never seen anything so thoroughly stuck.

Then she listened, ears splayed and head tilted as she was met with an interesting barrage. Huffing softly, she rolled her eyes. He couldn't possibly know much about her, let alone how refined and beautiful she may be, unless he had eyes in his ass.. but she chuffed quietly, a note on the very verge of a small laugh. He was at least right to call himself foolish. Just look at him. But she was finding herself vaguely entertained; this was certainly not typical..

Hm, unless the 80 is my half, maybe reconsider the split and I may see what I can do.. she peered at this predicament, and although she wasn't too keenly interested in the rabbit, getting something out of this would be good . Is there room enough to push you in further then turn around? Or will that just get you stuck in the other direction? I do not suspect that will go easily, either, she said, referencing how perfectly he was wedged in there, and unless there was a way to basically butter his sides up, this looked bad and since she didn't know how much space was in front of him, it was hard to say how to approach it.

7 Posts
Ooc — Fenn
Itheril sighed softly, his tail flicking in annoyance. "Fine, fine. 50/50...you drive a hard bargain, dear. I can respect that." he called back, voice muffled by the furry cork in the mountain. His gaze sifted momentarily to the rabbit, still huddled in the back of the little cavern, surely shaking in his proverbial boots. Your time is coming, tasty little friend. he thought, licking his lips at the thought of his well-earned treat. It may be 50/50 but...when he caught it, he'd of course get the tastier half.

"Is there room enough to push you in further then turn around? Or will that just get you stuck in the other direction? I do not suspect that will go easily, either,"

The wedged wolf glanced around the cavern in front of him.Indeed, it looked like there was enough room for him, after snatching the rabbit, to squeeze around and head back outside. "Plenty of room, my dear! I simply need a little assistance getting in, if you would be so kind." Itheril clearly had no real clue as to just how comically wedged he was in the little hole; he looked more like a black-and-grey novelty accordion than a wolf at this point. Still, he kept his tail raised high in a sign of dominance; after all, what were the chances the lovely-sounding dame outside was an alpha or something, right? Besides, nothing wrong with a little showing off? The ladies would be unable to resist, surely.

"Ready when you are, my dear. Just...um....be gentle back there, okay?" he called back, a slight tinge of nervousness spilling into his over-confident tone.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

This was absurd. The longer she looked at it, the rear-end of a big brute stuck in the side of the mountain, the more she was torn between just laughing and actually doing something about it. After all, she couldn't exactly leave something like this just stuck here.. it was probably an insult to the mountain, and just maybe, he would be of more use if he weren't stuck. Although already she was questioning his brain power if it had landed him like this.

Well. Such is life. At least she was getting a fresh meal out of it, and the hunger winter inspired in her was pleased by that idea. Alright, alright.. she said, half to him and half to herself after he said he would give it an even split, and that he had room. As she did, she looked the back end of this wolf up and down, his meat all bunched up, his tail raised tall (why even..? she didn't have it in her to find offense in it, this was that ridiculous), the rock practically squeezing him off. There really was no good way to go about this...

Gentle? I can make no guarantees, she called back to his request for gentleness, for it was not really something she excelled at. But so long as teeth weren't involved, he should be fine. Actually, she guessed the mountain was going to be the cruelest to him still. So you had best tuck it all in and truly be ready.. Ame warned as she dug her paws deep into the footing (which of course was not really ideal for this) and giving him one last second for final preparations, she gave him a good old shove. Shoulder first, she leaned all her weight into it -- trying to mind the... ah, ass as she did. His size out-matching her own didn't make this any easier, but she focused on generating as much force as she could.

7 Posts
Ooc — Fenn
His moment of triumph was finally upon him. Itheril glared hungrily at the rabbit, who shifted nervously at what it could only guess was collaboration between the two canines. It annoyed him that he'd end up having to split it 50/50 after all...but he figured the mysterious female 'was' helping him get the final step towards his prize. The final narrow, painful step. Forepaws scrabbling on the stone in front of him, the rotund wolf gulped anxiously, taking in a deep breath.

"So you had best tuck it all in and truly be ready.."

How dare she! Itheril thought, Even after I offered a 50/50 split, she goes on to insult me and imply that I'm fa-

His thought was interrupted by the loud, pup-like squeal of shock and dismay as he was shoved forward. His hindpaws lifted up off the ground, flailing pathetically as he was squished forward, black-furred gut spilling around the opening like dough. Any and all faux-composure Itheril possessed was instantaneously dispelled, and he reverted back to his more natural self.

Owowowowowowow, please be gentle back there! he wailed in a far more stuttered, high pitched tone then earlier, digging his forepaws as best he could against the floor of the cavern. He was moving at least...a couple inches or so at least, though as his the thickest part of his midriff was forcibly squashed into the narrow aperture, whatever progress he was making ground to a halt. The rabbit was only a couple feet away from his mouth now. So, so close....yet so far.

Taking a deep, ragged breath, Itheril called back. [color=#0000CD]"I-I'm almost there...put your back into it or something....but be gentle too..."[/color, seemingly oblivious to the oxymoron.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
oman i think i love him ahahaha. meanwhile ame is the literal definition of this face at him -_____-

This was still ridiculous. Her ears slicked back at his immediate protest, for the sound he made was quite unexpected. But she kept at it, trying to focus on how nice a fresh, warm meal of rabbit would be.. not the male's whining, or his big awkward butt. The dark female rolled her eyes. Gentle may not be good enough to get you out, she grunted to his complaints, gritting her teeth and carefully shifting her weight.

She struggled to tell if he had budged much at all from where she was. It felt like a lot of effort went into this, and maybe for what, a few centimeters worth of movement? She scrunched up her face and hoped that no one would stumble across this; it was scarcely better than just an wolf's ass end sticking from the mountain, and she could feel his ridiculousness beginning to rub off on her. Awful.

He did confirm that he was almost there, so that was marginally hopeful and she faced this accordingly. She wrinkled her muzzle, squinted her eyes, drew another deep breath, and put her strength into it.. all while thinking that it had better be the tastiest rabbit of the wintertime for this. Ame shoved, although tried not to be overly forceful about it since she surmised he might be the sensitive sort. But, as she had warned him, this was probably one of those situations in which a little pain was necessary (and she was certain it wouldn't kill him, unlike staying stuck here for good..)

7 Posts
Ooc — Fenn
[Ehehe, glad you like him xD He's mah lil goofball~]

Itheril whimpered and whined like a pup with every shove the female made, his girth slowly, painfully, but surely smushing through the little opening. His eyes were locked on the prize, his forepaws scrabbling uselessly on the rock below. You're mine...all mine.... he thought to himself, licking his chops and just imagining how tasty it'd be, savoring panic that was now gripping the little lapin. He was quickly realizing just how cramped it actually was inside the little cavern...but it didn't matter, as he needed only a few inches more before...

A shrill, high-pitched yelp escaped Itheral as he was shoved forward, the mysterious female having, (un?)intentionally rammed her shoulder against as...sensitive part of any male wolf. His head banged on the rock wall ahead of him, dazed for a split second before realizing his predicament. He felt something small and furry brushing against his underbelly, and realized the rabbit was making a break for it. Heaving himself around in the little cavern, Itheral caught sight of the rabbit dashing out the tunnel he just came from. He leaped after it....

Thunk.

.....fuck me.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She shoved, eyes shut and attentions focused on getting this over with, until it seemed that he budged. Ame half-slipped in the motion, her paws not ready for him to move quite like he had and his yelp was quick to confirm what she feared; she hadn't meant to ram his nuts (or dangerously close to them, but his complaint made her assume that contact had been had) like that.

But, it seemed to have worked. His rump had been moved forward, out of the immediate vicinity of her face and while she worked to recover her footing and shake out her coat, she spied the rabbit's sudden and unexpected escape. Muttering something ugly and incoherent, she gathered her paws scrambled in its direction, but it was too late.

The thing, terrified out of its wits and probably ready to never see another wolf again, took off at full speed to promptly haul ass across the mountain terrain. And her late start was costly. Soon, she slowed up and with a low growl in her throat and returned to the wolf-catching crevice.

The sight she was met with sent her ears splaying immediately. Are you serious... she sighed at him, panting softly with her fur tousled and frustration evident.

7 Posts
Ooc — Fenn
The few fruitless moments of clawing at the ground ahead of him served no good; all Itheril could do was look sheepishly up at the female as she returned, muttering in disbelief at his state of affairs. He was, in a sense, right back where he'd started, though at least now it was his better half sticking out at the world at large. On the negative side, he was down one rabbit. Little bastard.

"Uh, yeaaah....so I'm Itheril...it's, um, a pleasure to meet you, miss." he stuttered after an awkward few moments of silence, offering a forced grin. The creature before him was quite similar in colour to him, he realized, though he fur was rather unkempt...though, he realized, that could simply be from her rather 'forceful' assistance in helping him through. Tussled fur or not, though, she was rather attractive, Itheril thought to himself, suddenly getting self-conscious. This whole situation was one thing when he couldn't see her; now, it felt so much more embarrassing.

"So, ah...little help here?"
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She lowered her own rump to the ground with a sigh, and used the moment for a quick rest while her breathing slowed from the unexpected sprint after the rabbit. Now, she got a good look at him -- half of him, anyway, but this time the front half at least. So it was an improvement even if he was still stuck. Apparently he was a wolf she was meant to become acquainted with one half at a time.

Committing his name to memory and matching it to his face, scent, and otherwise, she nodded. I am Ame, she returned, still wearing a frown as she peered at his new predicament. You know, pushing is a lot easier than pulling.. she said as she slowly rose to stand back up then glided even closer to him to investigate the crevice's edge and how to approach this exactly. He hadn't liked her roughness in shoving, so she doubted he would be very keen on her, for example, tugging on him with her teeth. Plus, he was a good bit bigger than she was so that only made this more difficult. I do not think you will like anything I have in mind, so, any suggestions on how to approach this? she asked and leaned back, feeling particularly done with everything here.

7 Posts
Ooc — Fenn
A soft whimper escaped from Itheril's throat as he realized what the wolf, who'd just introduced herself as Ame, likely meant; a lot of rather painful pulling with her maw. "Maybe we could....hrmm...if we, no that won't work..." His voice trailed off as he pondered the situation, trying desperately to come up with some trick that would involve him not getting yanked out by his scruff like an oversized puppy.

"Oh!" Eyes twinkled as a stroke of genius struck Itheril, "If we just get some water, we could put some on me, and it'll be far easier for me to slip out! Easy!" He paused after his genius revelation, a gust of frigid winter air ruffling the fur on his scruff. Never mind the issue of actually getting water here, that was another problem.

"Oh right...winter."
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Together they seemed to consider the problem, and the solutions were not making themselves readily apparent. Water was a good idea, if only it was easy to get any here. Mhm, winter. And, the nearest creek is not.. exactly so near, she sighed. There was a chance it would still have a small trickle down its middle, since winter had been relatively mild so far, but transporting it here was the problem; she lacked the dexterity to just carry some here with anything except her mouth. I could just spit on you instead, she smirked, half-joking and ready to be amused by his answer.

If it were warmer out, I would suggest trying to grease you up with some aloe or something similar.. but with plants all dried up, that is not easy to come by. Amekaze huffed. You really have no wiggle room, not even if you squirm and shift around..? she squinted at the edge of the crevice then looked back to him; that would have been her go-to: just a lot of wiggling around until something gave, and she managed to squish her body around in just the right way to free up just the tiniest bit of space.

... So, she would spare him a bit more time and effort. Whether or not he could get freed was yet to be seen, but regardless, she would be off for a hunt whenever her patience wore off. Hopefully he got out before then.