bard speciality clarification
and they called it puppy love...
81 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
question to pose to yall so um: description of BARD is as follows, "Major focus is on using poetry, song and other artistry to pass on stories, particularly as they pertain to pack traditions." so it says to pass on stories/pack traditions.

description of storyteller; "Major focus is on weaving tales with morals for fun or for education." so education OR fun.

so for storyteller it can be for fun, but for bard it must tell a story? or would ppl be willing to count bard if it is just singing for fun/to entertain? and if bard can ONLY be used to tell stories and not for fun/to entertain, why? thanks in advance<3
[Image: 1582061981337.png]
super-adorable little shrimp
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
I translate it as follows: story-tellers tell a story as in a book. Bards tell a story via song, poetry, dance, art, whichever art form that is not "telling in the usual sense".
81 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
(April 14, 2020, 02:14 PM)Elfie Wrote: I translate it as follows: story-tellers tell a story as in a book. Bards tell a story via song, poetry, dance, art, whichever art form that is not "telling in the usual sense".

so, it does not matter whether it is just for fun/entertainment, right?
super-adorable little shrimp
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
I don't think so. Historically bards were employed for fun and entertainment. :D
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
The descriptions provided in Trades & Specialties are just a general base-line. PMs are then free to expand or make their own interpretations of qualifying threads.  Provided it still meets the spirit of the baseline's suggestion.

As a past PM, I would count any sort of thread of a character singing or making up songs - either serious or for fun - towards a bard trade.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
81 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
@Elfie @Arcturus alright, epic, thank y'all both!!