Dragoncrest Cliffs When are having a heartfelt conversation
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
What was to be expected, he knew not. It had been his first time confessing to anyone—his first time accepting that he had emotions, actually—which left him without anything to compare her reaction to. At first, she had seemed shocked, but he wasn’t entirely sure if that was a good thing or not. He held his tongue, saying nothing, and then nodded. Of course he had meant her; he knew no other wolf with her name, nor did he feel nearly as connected with anyone else as he did her. It had been difficult in the past, their initial meeting having been quite the rocky path to maneuver, but they’d worked through it. For her, he had put his ego aside in order to ensure that she survived, and he’d do it again if need be. Recalling the past only confused him further, making him wonder about why she had been shocked by his realization. Had they not experienced the same events? Felt the same things? The more he thought about it, the more uncertain of himself he became.

As her ears lowered, his followed suit. He hadn’t expected her to repeat back to him what had been revealed, or anything, for that matter. His inexperience, the not knowing, had set him up to be knocked right down—which is precisely what her words had done. It felt as if a weight was crushing him, and yet, he didn’t feel any anger. There was pain, but it hadn’t been followed by a surge of rage, just a sort of emptiness. It wasn’t right, not for Xan. As he stood there, silent, he tried so desperately to get angry, but the feeling never arose. Even though things hadn’t gone his way, he couldn’t, for whatever reason, lash out. For several moments, he stood there as still as a statue, trying to figure out why he couldn’t do anything, before finally giving in and shaking his head.

“It’s okay, I didn’t expect you to feel the same,” he lied, trying to offer some ounce of comfort. “Don’t be upset.” Seeing her get upset, he had needed to put his own issues aside and focus on what he could do to make her feel better, just as he had done in the past and would continue to do for as long as he could.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Messages In This Thread
When are having a heartfelt conversation - by Xan - March 06, 2017, 01:56 AM
RE: When are having a heartfelt conversation - by Xan - March 07, 2017, 01:30 AM
RE: When are having a heartfelt conversation - by Xan - March 07, 2017, 11:22 AM
RE: When are having a heartfelt conversation - by Xan - March 09, 2017, 01:37 AM
RE: When are having a heartfelt conversation - by Xan - March 17, 2017, 12:45 AM
RE: When are having a heartfelt conversation - by Xan - March 26, 2017, 01:04 AM
RE: When are having a heartfelt conversation - by Xan - April 14, 2017, 02:48 AM