Moonspear i have a hunger and i can’t seem to get full
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The sylph failed in her attempt at not scaring the young thing — instead, the girl spooked and twirled around in sudden fear, so Olive kept her features soft and cool. She meant Korei no harm — but the woman did look a fright, with her limbs caked in mud and fur all pushed up in places it shouldn’t be. Gardening was hard work, and Olive had never been one not to put everything she had into even the most menial of tasks, looks be damned.

Then Korei introduced herself. Olive had known the girl’s name, but it seemed the girl had not known hers. This actually pleased the mother — if Korei had known of her, it meant the others were talking; and nothing good seemed to happen when she was the topic of conversation. Almost appreciatively, Olive greeted “Hi Korei,” a thoughtful saccharinity flavoring her tone. "I'm Olive."  Gesturing to the small flower, Olive digressed. ”The roots are the part of the plant that’s underground. They’re usually small, white and fragile. They look like the branches of trees, without leaves.” It always humored the pale women how trees looked the same on top as they did on the bottom “If you manage to pull up the roots, the plant can be moved and will flourish elsewhere.”  If the bloom did have its roots, she could not discern them; nor did she know if botany was something that interested Korei as much as it did the ever-ostensible Pyx.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: i have a hunger and i can’t seem to get full - by Olive - May 17, 2017, 09:04 PM