Redhawk Caldera I will fight you for eternity.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
A strange flurry of movement caught Towhee's eye, causing her to freeze again, snout pointed at the distant forest. She saw it again: an explosion of what looked like fallen leaves. She blinked, glancing around herself—there was no one and nothing else noteworthy nearby—and then hastened toward the woods, attention focused like a laser upon that flip-flopping mess of reddish brown leaves.

When she approached, she saw that it wasn't dead foliage but a bird, a large bird with a hooked beak and bright yellow talons. Unbeknownst to her, the raptor made a strange burbling noise when it saw her, regaining its feet beneath it but holding one of its wings askew. Its beak opened threateningly—an unheard hiss escaped it—and it turned its head sideways so that one of its beady eyes tracked the wolf's every movement.

Unaware that somewhere behind her, a stranger was approaching the borders she was meant to protect, Towhee lowered her nose and ventured cautiously nearer the obvious bird of prey. "Are you hurt?" she wondered aloud, eyeing its wing. The bird simply stood there, staring at her, its chest heaving. "I'm not going to hurt you," Towhee said even as she realized she had no desire to pounce the bird. Even if not for its weaponry, she couldn't help but wonder out loud, "Are you a hawk?" If the hawk understood or responded in any way, she didn't catch it; she couldn't exactly read its lips, seeing as it didn't have any.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 05, 2017, 09:59 AM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Quixote - November 05, 2017, 02:10 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 05, 2017, 02:35 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Quixote - November 05, 2017, 04:57 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 05, 2017, 09:13 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Quixote - November 05, 2017, 10:10 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 06, 2017, 09:49 AM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Quixote - November 06, 2017, 10:33 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 07, 2017, 12:43 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Quixote - November 07, 2017, 02:30 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 07, 2017, 04:03 PM