Blackfeather Woods Do they always walk away from dead bodies?
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I don't mean to meta-play, so I can edit out the mentions of scents in my posts if they bother anyone. :)

Despite his best efforts, Towhee jumped and growled when Colt materialized beside her. She quickly sheathed her bared teeth, however, upon recognizing him. She shot him a grateful look, happy for his presence here even if they weren't the best of friends. She finally afforded a glance over her shoulder, though there was no sign of X or Quixote yet. And when her orange eyes drifted to the forest, she jumped again at the sight of a massive white wolf standing just beyond the fringe of trees.

There was no reading his lips from here, so all Towhee could go by was his body language, not to mention his mere presence. Every single blade of fur on her body stood on end as a snarl thundered through her. She wanted to charge at him directly, wipe him out and then proceed to slay whatever refuse this black forest still harbored. She could smell them from here, perhaps a dozen different scents. The fire in her veins raged.

The young Alpha lowered her head like a battering ram getting ready to charge. But instead she dug her toes into the earth, her snarls going abruptly silent. She thought of helpless little Tywyll and Cinder, back home in their den, curled to Finley's breast. She thought of the previous litter and how they'd only just graduated into the adult ranks. She thought of Sebastian, that poor beast, still healing after all this time, his mind possibly permanently scarred. She thought of Andalusia, probably killed and left to the crows. She thought of Eljay and how hopeless he was at fighting. She thought of them all.

It made her furious, knowing how long they'd prepared, how hard they'd fought, only for their enemies to reappear here as if none of it had ever happened. Towhee let the fury flow through her a moment, her every muscle vibrating with tension. The hardness in her body softened only when that comforting weight came to rest upon her shoulder blade once more and she sensed Quixote behind her, even though her gaze hadn't wavered from the white wolf by the tree line.

"Fuck this shit," the Alpha eventually muttered, shooting him a murderous glare even as she turned to glance at Quixote—confirming his presence visually—and then at Colt. "Fuck this shit," she repeated. "Stand down," she added totally unnecessarily, since nobody—their nemesis included—had made an aggressive move. "We're going back to the caldera. If you two don't mind watching my back..."

She paused just long enough to let her two companions react and perhaps speak up, should they have anything to say about their Alpha's actions—or lack thereof.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Do they always walk away from dead bodies? - by Towhee - April 03, 2018, 10:22 AM
RE: Do they always walk away from dead bodies? - by Towhee - April 03, 2018, 01:37 PM