Barrow Fields castles in the sand, cradles in the trees
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

Her voice was so quiet - she was so quiet, so passive, compared to him. Like his opposite in almost every way. It took a second for Screech to really hear what she said; it didn't register at first, and afterwards as it dawned on him what she was saying, he wasn't sure how to comprehend it. Had he found her at home? Was the beach her home? Was she inviting him...?

Home -- with you? Maybe she just meant they could be home together, and it was a nice sentiment but Screech wasn't sure if that was right. She had a family already - she was a Corten, they were probably waiting for her somewhere. But the temptation was there. Wherever those wolves were was better than here. He could only think back to the family gathering he had invaded, and felt that same mixture of glee and jealousy all over again.

Was he an asshole for being jealous of what she had? Probably a little. She was offering him a chance to have it, though. Having exhausted all other options, he seriously considered it - for about sixty seconds. I'm... I want to go with you, I do. And find your Cortens again - they were really nice, but, he swallowed his thoughts and tried to sort through them a little bit before they blurted from him as per usual, and was at least a little successful. I keep trying with these people, I keep expecting them to want me, but they don't, and I think.. I need to figure my shit out. Do things myself for a while. I'm sorry - you're, um, you're really sweet and your family... He looked at the dirt and felt suddenly sick to his stomach for refusing the sweet sea-sprite, but maybe when all was said and done he would end up with her and the Cortens. Say hi for me when you see them, okay?

Messages In This Thread
RE: castles in the sand, cradles in the trees - by Titmouse (Ghost) - April 12, 2018, 05:10 PM