Fox's Glade that’s just the waves slamming against the topsides’ sound
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Indra's answer made her eyes widen slightly in surprise--a good kind of surprise, something she was unaccustomed to. Whether or not the woman thought she had made a compelling argument, that was no matter, for the girl had been compelled. Honesty, it seemed, was in short supply these days, and to hear it so frankly from a stranger, after all the lies she'd been fed, was both refreshing and a relief.

"I believe you," she said firmly, giving her a respectful nod. "Yes. You told the truth. If you were bad--if you were going to hurt me--you would have told me to come with you, that everything was okay. You would have lied."

She stood up, wobbling a little on unsteady legs but keeping her eyes locked with Indra's. "My gut says to follow you. But," she added, narrowing her gaze at the woman, "if I'm wrong, and you're all terrible, and hurt me. . .I swear I'll kill you." The words shocked her, and she fell silent for a moment, contemplating what she'd just said. She certainly hadn't entered that sentence intending a threat, yet there it was, hanging heavy in the air.

"So there," Maegi added lamely, tacking on something almost akin to a childish taunt to her warning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: that’s just the waves slamming against the topsides’ sound - by Maegi - April 25, 2018, 07:38 PM