Blacktail Deer Plateau The road outside my house is paved with good intentions
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Dark thoughts twisted in her mind despite his reassurance - flickering memories of Ameta bleeding in the snow, wandering in search of Leto only to lose her sanity in the process, her abandonment of Broken Antler Fen for the mistake of underestimating her own instincts, Kelina's jaws tearing into her and the sound of her leg being rendered worthless, the agonizing hours of holding her infant son close as his life faded before her very eyes with the knowledge that she couldn't save him. 

You have always been useless. 

Dark eyes squinted shut in response, as if she could physically shy away from the hurt. She burrowed against Kavik, wanting desperately to believe his words; if only it were that easy. 

She collected herself as she pulled away, watching with concerned eyes as he ate the medicinal herbs. Her face smoothed with relief as he hugged her close, thanking the spirits she could relieve his pain. 

"I'll keep some in the den until you're healed, it would be best to take the next dose tomorrow evening," she answered, her subtle way of telling him that gratitude was unnecessary as she leaned against his side. She relished the warmth of him, the strength resting beneath his coat. 

A lump rose in her throat at his tender words, her eyes closing again wearily. 

Please don't, she wanted to urge but her voice could not escape around the tight close of her throat, I can't think of it any more. 

An image that had haunted her since their ordeal flashed through her mind, as if seared into her closed eyelids.

An image of Kavik atop Grezig. 

Bile rose in her throat and she curled further into him, as if their close proximity could soothe her distress. 

"I love you," she whispered after a moment, reaching up to plant light kisses along his neck. 

"I want to forget," she murmured against him, pressing her crown to his dark shoulder as her eyes slipped shut. "Please help me forget," she pleaded, returning to her affectionate administrations in the hopes of urging him into touching her. 

Liri had to get it out of her head, this image of her husband with another woman, it would eat her alive otherwise. A soft whine slipped from her throat. 

I need you.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
RE: The road outside my house is paved with good intentions - by Síff - October 29, 2018, 08:16 AM