Swiftcurrent Creek I know what I like and you're the only one of you
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Tags for reference, in case anyone wants to notice she's not at UG atm.

It was stupid for her to travel away from the pack without at least alerting @Kavik or @Bhediya, but that's exactly what she did. She'd spoken briefly with Awol about his own adventuring and had thoughts of Easthollow on the mind, plus Ibis was eager to stretch her legs, to see the world outside of the small forest-home before the snow got too thick. Her need to wander won against her common sense; she had not been a leader for very long and had never been one before, and so she did not even think, she just went. It wouldn't be a long journey, she mused—just a day trip and she'd be home again to the Emberwood.

And yet, the young woman's doe-like strides took her further by the moment. She found the tail of the creek and thought of Star; remembering, as she followed carefully alongside the water's flow, that this had once been the home to the woman's pack, and to Kavik's, although it remained empty. The falling snow churned in the air. There was a blanket of white on everything, and even the creek looked sluggish with ice—but for all of that it was more beautiful to her. So quiet and peaceful.

Soon enough Ibis was roaming the territory without knowing where she was going. She investigated a few paths only to find them choked with hard-packed snow; others had fallen trees frozen in place since the autumn, their exposed roots producing small hovels which themselves were full of snow, or streaked heavily with brown where the roots prevented the substance from falling. And as she went she caught the scent of a wolf, but wasn't quite sure where it came from; she paused to look around, and noticed after a lengthy few moments that one of the dark patches was moving. Intrigued, she moved closer—and noticed the dark shape of the wolf's haunches terminate where their front end entered the earth.

As she didn't want to disturb the stranger, she wouldn't say anything. Perhaps this was yet another ghost from Swiftcurrent's past, and what right did Ibis have to interrupt their visit?
Messages In This Thread
I know what I like and you're the only one of you - by Wylla - December 05, 2019, 09:29 PM
RE: I know what I like and you're the only one of you - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 07, 2019, 12:58 PM