Northstar Vale Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin?
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis had a feeling that something was off with Reiko through this whole exchange, but it wasn't until the thin woman appeared behind them that she really caught on. She watched as the Lady swept towards the gathered wolves and smiled fondly at her, although she still did not recognize who they were; an issue she would soon remedy. Poor Ibis had so much going on with her own pregnancy and overall situation that she wasn't as invested in the kingdom as a whole, leading to quite a problem. It was likely another reason why she didn't notice the difference between her lovely friend Reiko and this impersonator until it was too late.

The Queen listened intently to all that was said around her. The terrible tale of Corra's imprisonment and escape did make her heart hurt, and brought to mind the terrible situation between Reiko and her husband, so when so-called Reiko spoke up and condemned the two strangers for their choice, it baffled her. She felt her face flush with warmth, offended on their behalf, and stunned by the complete change in Reiko's attitude.

How cold she was being! Oh, but the new arrival, she seemed to notice things so swiftly. Ibis saw them do a double-take, and even address Reiko as if she were not the Empress. This made Ibis very, very confused. She frowned, opened her mouth to voice some sort of protest, and then shut it, because she was learning to behave as a Queen and in this moment, solidarity was more important than causing upset.

Not that this imposter cared. The pale woman who had seemed so friendly and beloved to Ibis, now came out as being a total stranger. She explained things swiftly enough to leave Ibis' mind spinning, but at the same time the Queen was mindful of their continued proximity, and carefully stepped aside from Hime, feeling a lingering itch where their bodies had been touching. It felt like some kind of violation; Ibis was reeling from all of it, and didn't catch on to what Hime was saying until she was already turning to depart.

W-what? She murmurs pathetically, dropping the pretense of her rank for a moment. Her expression looked childish, confused, shocked, and her bright eyes flickered between the retreating woman and Awenfen. At the very least the woman could stay... But what of the man? He had said he was here to stay with them. What would Reiko say to all of this? Um, this wasn't right, Ibis thought. She didn't know what to do. Her default was to trust, and if Hime was truly serving the Kingdom in such a way, so too must Ibis.

I'm sorry, but we will do our best to help you, Corra. Ibis turned to the freckled beauty, her expression shifting to something soft and apologetic. She moved to usher the weakened woman across the borders, and glanced shyly towards Memory, to whom she muttered under her breath: I will talk to Reiko, do not stray far. Something was deeply wrong, here. Ibis would make sure to get to the bottom of it.
Messages In This Thread
Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Memory - May 20, 2020, 11:36 PM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Hime - May 20, 2020, 11:39 PM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 20, 2020, 11:46 PM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Memory - May 21, 2020, 12:01 AM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Hime - May 21, 2020, 12:09 AM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 21, 2020, 12:27 AM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Cordelia - May 21, 2020, 02:32 PM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Memory - May 21, 2020, 04:04 PM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Necahual - May 21, 2020, 05:38 PM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Hime - May 21, 2020, 06:38 PM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 21, 2020, 07:19 PM