Swiftcurrent Creek August slipped away into a moment in time.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She is still smiling at him. Still warm, still light. But I am here with you. I am always here with you. She had died, and she had been horrible to him in life; things she could never unsay, never undo. But in death there was peace and there was eternity - it had taken her dying to see that, to have the universe open up to her.

If only she was stronger. Ibis wished she could manifest in a way that mattered! To be held, to kiss him, to prove something. Her smile only falters briefly and becomes something lightly pained, but sweet.

Reaching for him - knowing, like the leaves of the forest, he would no sooner feel her touch; that it would only pass through. And her eyes became glossy as if she were alive and weeping. Ibis smiled softly through the sadness; she did not want to make him feel worse.

Keep living for me. Go where you are loved, please; do not let your heart weigh you down like this. I am here - when you love, I am with you. She tried again to kiss him, and there was a spark of something like touch upon his cheek. A feeling like laughter in her chest, but soundless.

I will take the weight from you. Let me. Let me do this one thing, to amend what I got wrong - please, and it was like a prayer to the universe as much as a plea to Akavir.

Her body, gossamer and formless, was solid enough now to be held. Ibis pressed against him, burrowing her face in his neck. It is okay.
Messages In This Thread
August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 16, 2023, 02:06 PM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Akavir - November 23, 2023, 01:34 PM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Akavir - November 23, 2023, 02:14 PM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Akavir - November 27, 2023, 11:46 AM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 27, 2023, 10:09 PM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Akavir - November 27, 2023, 10:22 PM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Akavir - November 27, 2023, 10:45 PM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Arlette - November 28, 2023, 06:00 AM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Eshe - November 28, 2023, 08:14 AM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Akavir - November 28, 2023, 10:56 AM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Arlette - December 03, 2023, 08:17 AM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Eshe - December 04, 2023, 10:56 AM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Arlette - December 17, 2023, 02:44 PM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Eshe - December 21, 2023, 01:21 PM