Sun Mote Copse Magicicada septendecula.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
If Skipjack’s blank eyes spooked her, they had nothing on the jump scare that Otter gave her. Towhee nearly leaped out of her skin when she felt something wrap around her foreleg unexpectedly. She almost kicked Otter away out of pure reflex, though she managed to restrain herself as the child clung tighter and tighter.

Towhee needed a moment to breathe and let her heart rate decelerate. In the meantime, Skipjack exited the water and made a beeline toward his sister. He missed slightly and bumped into Towhee’s other leg. She nudged him closer to Otter, then gently shook her granddaughter loose.

-“You know how Skipjack can’t see?”- she said, looking primarily at Otter. -“Well, I can’t hear. I don’t like it when people sneak up on me. I’m not angry but please don’t do that again,”- Towhee said, then took a breath and added, -“Why don’t you two use the buddy system? Do you know what that is?”-

“NO! TEY ME, GAMMA!” came Skipjack’s immediate reply.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Magicicada septendecula. - by Towhee - April 18, 2024, 12:34 PM
RE: Magicicada septendecula. - by Otter - April 20, 2024, 12:30 PM
RE: Magicicada septendecula. - by Towhee - April 21, 2024, 10:25 AM
RE: Magicicada septendecula. - by Otter - April 21, 2024, 01:04 PM
RE: Magicicada septendecula. - by Towhee - April 22, 2024, 08:53 AM
RE: Magicicada septendecula. - by Otter - April 29, 2024, 12:44 PM
RE: Magicicada septendecula. - by Towhee - April 29, 2024, 01:49 PM