Duskfire Glacier i'd jump in front of a train for you
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
so many feels <3 *hugs our wolfies*

A sea wolf from the Bay. It surely must have been Blythe. Maybe his next quest should be to look for this Blythe again. She smelled of the sea, said she was from the Bay; but when had she told them that the Bay had taken this whateverhisnamewas pup? Charon, still confused, stared blankly ahead while Scarlett said what she knew, trying to piece together the information. "I guess that was Blythe, too," he muttered, more to himself than to Scarlett or anyone else in particular.

Scarlett said it was kind of him to offer but that the decision was not up to him whether she could join the Bay. "Thistle is super nice, she'd let you in, and she would listen to me," he quickly intervened, convinced it wouldn't be a problem at all.

This probably would've been a good time to apologise for what he had said, the boy realised. Charon wasn't particularly sorry because it was Blythe's fault that he had come up here and not his own, but he opened his mouth to apologise anyway; "I uh —" but at that moment Scarlett said they might meet again some day, and berated him for not being kind enough.

All of the guilt Charon felt for unrightfully accusing Scarlett was washed away instantly with bitterness. He did not have the mature enough mind to take a lesson from this, still being youthful and brash and, on top of that, stubborn as a donkey. He stared back at her when she made eye contact, head low and ears pinned against his head because he was uncomfortable. "Well, fine, hate me all you like," he bitterly said, his watery eyes awash with held back emotion. Then he looked away, at the ground, not wanting her to see the weakness in his eyes. He didn't want Scarlett to hate him, but it looked like it was the only solid outcome of today's events. "I'll find Blythe and I'll rip her ears off for lying to everyone." Charon frowned angrily as he thought of Blythe, and then he started to walk away, towards the borders, tail and head low.

He glanced over his shoulder as he passed Scarlett, swallowed dryly and bitterly said, "Good luck." He'd wanted to say something else, wanted to say something witty that would make her feel bad, because he felt bad, and that meant he wanted everybody else to feel bad. He wanted to make her feel bad for making him feel so unwanted, but there wasn't a witty thing in the world Charon could come up with, being just a child.

So that was all he said, and he turned his head forward and broke into a trot, intending to leave Duskfire Glacier far behind and never return here.
Messages In This Thread
i'd jump in front of a train for you - by Charon - February 14, 2015, 04:10 PM
RE: i'd jump in front of a train for you - by Scarlett - February 14, 2015, 04:32 PM
RE: i'd jump in front of a train for you - by Charon - February 14, 2015, 05:38 PM
RE: i'd jump in front of a train for you - by Scarlett - February 14, 2015, 06:06 PM
RE: i'd jump in front of a train for you - by Manauia IA - February 14, 2015, 06:38 PM
RE: i'd jump in front of a train for you - by Charon - February 16, 2015, 03:51 AM
RE: i'd jump in front of a train for you - by Scarlett - February 16, 2015, 05:34 AM
RE: i'd jump in front of a train for you - by Manauia IA - February 16, 2015, 07:34 AM
RE: i'd jump in front of a train for you - by Charon - February 16, 2015, 04:38 PM
RE: i'd jump in front of a train for you - by Scarlett - February 16, 2015, 06:34 PM
RE: i'd jump in front of a train for you - by Charon - February 17, 2015, 05:40 AM
RE: i'd jump in front of a train for you - by Scarlett - February 17, 2015, 06:27 AM
RE: i'd jump in front of a train for you - by Charon - February 17, 2015, 07:59 AM
RE: i'd jump in front of a train for you - by Scarlett - February 17, 2015, 08:41 AM
RE: i'd jump in front of a train for you - by Charon - February 19, 2015, 03:58 AM
RE: i'd jump in front of a train for you - by Scarlett - February 19, 2015, 05:17 AM
RE: i'd jump in front of a train for you - by Charon - February 19, 2015, 05:41 AM