Bearclaw Valley Blowing away the scenery around me
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Last post from me. Thank you for the thread~ c:

Xan was confused, and he made no move to hide it. His little face pinched together as he started to think what was said over. It was not the meaning behind the word 'hide' that confused him, however, but the snail's reasoning for doing so. The boy did not feel as if he had given the creature a real reason to hide. All they'd been doing was playing with it, and he hadn't even growled at the thing. While he understood that it was very small in comparison to himself, he could not yet recognize the being as having it's own type of thought process. It wasn't a wolf, like himself, he could tell that just by looking at it, but he'd not yet learned that different species possessed different ways of thinking. Which, in turn, caused them to react in different ways when presented with a certain type of situation. Even other members of the same species could have different reactions to the same activity, but so far he'd caught on that there was usually a 'baseline'. Though some went above, or fell below, the line, there was always a hint of the base just below the surface. Alexander had learned to look out for that with his siblings, and when around other adults, but the realization that snails had a different sort of foundation had yet to hit him.

Despite his knowledge of what hiding was, as he often tried to do it to get away from his family members, the boy watched as the elder gave a demonstration. The sight was amusing, to say the least, and he let that be known as a giggle slipped out of his maw. Never had he hidden like that before, since it wouldn't be practical, but he titled it a good way to get a decent laugh out of someone. Perhaps he would use it in the future, though he'd most likely change it up a bit. Or a lot. Xan had yet to decide, really, but had determined the decision to be something that could be finalized at a later date—which he was totally going to do. What his mind could not ignore, however, was the fact that he was getting bored of the snail. All the thing did was hide, plus it tasted awful, and tossing it back and forth just wasn't cutting it anymore. Like any puppy, or child in general, his attention span was not always up to par.

If it weren't for the snails taste, he probably would have picked it up and started chewing on it. It'd probably feel nice on his tiny teeth, but he didn't want to risk breaking the shell and tasting the slimy part. So, once again, the snail was deemed useless, more or less, and no longer worth his time. He even found himself growing bored of the man, too. While Cry had earned his favour—something Xan wouldn't be forgetting anytime soon—he was no longer acting in a way that kept the boy attentive. The young Inuit tossed a glance to the den's entrance, but then looked back to the dark wolf. Assuming the older male would not allow him out anytime soon, he turned in the opposite direction and started heading back towards his siblings. Later, he would try again, and hope to be more successful. For the time being, however, the young lupine opted for letting his little body get some rest. He laid a little ways off from his siblings, not being one who favoured his personal space being invaded, and set his head down on his paws. Every now and again he would glance back towards the entrance, quite literally laying in wait. They'd have to leave sometime, and when they did, he'd be ready.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Messages In This Thread
Blowing away the scenery around me - by Xan - July 23, 2015, 04:12 AM
RE: Blowing away the scenery around me - by Cry - July 23, 2015, 04:50 AM
RE: Blowing away the scenery around me - by Xan - July 23, 2015, 02:47 PM
RE: Blowing away the scenery around me - by Cry - July 23, 2015, 04:52 PM
RE: Blowing away the scenery around me - by Xan - July 23, 2015, 07:14 PM
RE: Blowing away the scenery around me - by Cry - July 23, 2015, 09:38 PM
RE: Blowing away the scenery around me - by Xan - July 23, 2015, 10:02 PM
RE: Blowing away the scenery around me - by Cry - July 23, 2015, 10:20 PM