Coconut Grove a shadow in the corner, just playing along
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
All Welcome 
@Kjalarr forward dated to some MYSTERIOUS UNDISCLOSED DATE because of travel time

they had traveled a lengthy bit, and both were haggard and tired. caiaphas felt a dull ache in her limbs, a weariness in the tread of her paws -- even her tail seemed sore from their sojourn away from the beach. they had found nothing: no food, no plants -- even the crabs had been scarce during their descent down the coast.

the tangled web of dessicated vegetation and wilted palms were as good a spot as any to stop, and caiaphas found herself collapsing into the cool sand with relish. overhead the knotted palms bent, and it was easy to imagine their splendor sans the locust wake. caiaphas closed her eyes and could invision the verdant green, the amber glaze of sunlight rimming the broad-leaved palms -- even the soft lizard green of the vines as they tangled in gentle groves. none of that existed here save for exposed roots and mottled bark -- but all the same, caiaphas imagined.

something overhead fell to the ground and caused her to jerk her eyes open in surprise: wearily she inspected the object. it was coarse, and spherical -- skeptically she turned her gaze to kjalarr before seizing it in her jaws.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
a shadow in the corner, just playing along - by Caiaphas - May 01, 2016, 06:51 PM