Silvertip Mountain Ring any bells?
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
She was not the girl he'd expected her to be. She'd seemed much younger when they met; more innocent, more... sweet and friendly. And she was friendly now, and sweet enough, he supposed - but still different. Stronger, maybe. A woman, and not the youth he'd first taken her as.

"I'm sure they'll grow as big as mountains," he agreed, privately a bit amused by her admiration of the stuttering youth. But then, he'd taken down the fawn easily enough, and there was time still for him to grow. Day withheld judgement and the snicker that threatened to break free. He liked Szymon, he reminded himself, and was glad that the pelt had won him his girl. But what a surprise it was to see that it was this girl.

He returned his attention to Doe as she spoke of the woodland healer. His ears pricked at the command in her tone, but he took it all in stride, curious enough about Deirdre to accept her haughty behavior. He supposed she was used to that, now, being a beta and all - but he still remembered how submissive she'd been when it'd been just the two of them in that miserable swamp.

"I'll do that," he said with a nod - it was pretty high on his list, actually.

He was sad to see her go again, but there was finally resolution in his heart. Her embrace confirmed it - she was here, in the flesh, living without anger or resentment at his failure. She was doing fine - doing much better than that, actually - and she remembered him as kind.

He'd never expected to be free of that guilt, or to have this absolute closure of the matter.

But he was. He did.

Wandering back into the territory, he wondered if he should tell someone about it.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
Ring any bells? - by Doe - September 11, 2016, 05:11 PM
RE: Ring any bells? - by Grayday Sr. - September 11, 2016, 05:22 PM
RE: Ring any bells? - by Doe - September 11, 2016, 05:28 PM
RE: Ring any bells? - by Grayday Sr. - September 11, 2016, 05:38 PM
RE: Ring any bells? - by Doe - September 11, 2016, 05:58 PM
RE: Ring any bells? - by Grayday Sr. - September 11, 2016, 06:23 PM
RE: Ring any bells? - by Doe - September 11, 2016, 09:24 PM
RE: Ring any bells? - by Grayday Sr. - September 11, 2016, 09:38 PM