Coconut Grove pineapples in her hair
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The hoyden enjoyed the taste, just like Olive knew she would. It was creamy and thick on the tongue, with thick undertones of suet and overtones of sugar. The texture, admittedly, was a bit odd but Olive was not averse to these types of things. She, herself, largely upheld a vegetarian diet — supplemented by meat whenever the opportunity arose. The druid was averse to the act of killing in almost every way imaginable and was determined not to let her cravings rule her values. An occasional small hunt fulfilled that intrinsic need to hunt and consume flesh, but she was often found sucking berries from bushes and nibbling on tender leaves [all of which honestly provided her small, lithe body great nutrition]. Hey, if bears could do it… she could do it, too.

“I do not hail from one place… I’ve wandered the world, ever since I was a pup.” Olive mused about her detached, nomadic existence… which had all changed so drastically in only the span of a few months. For the better, she reminded herself. Love and family was fantastic, but had only seemed to cause pain and heartbreak recently.  “To stop my traveling, you would need to cut off my paws!” This wasn’t true, but Olive felt it was a sentiment that Sadie would appreciate and spoke it anyways. 

Olive did not lie to her friend, but she did not yet yield any information about Teaghlaigh. She did not yet know this woman well enough to divulge information about the family or the forest where they resided. She needed to be careful, and those who need to know… well, they already knew this type of information, so Olive diverted. “You seem like the wayfarer type too, no? What is your name?” Olive allowed the stranger to respond before her own downy ears flicked back, suddenly remembering the word uttered by the other moment before. Rum. This was foreign to her, but had seemed to please Sadie so! Olive was curious to learn more from this woman who seemed so different than her.

“Rum? What’s rum?”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
pineapples in her hair - by Olive - December 27, 2016, 11:07 AM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Sadie - December 27, 2016, 10:31 PM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Olive - December 28, 2016, 02:03 PM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Sadie - December 28, 2016, 07:27 PM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Olive - December 29, 2016, 02:59 PM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Sadie - December 29, 2016, 09:21 PM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Olive - December 30, 2016, 01:02 PM