The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Private 
@Akuti; set directly after this thread
It was a lot brighter in the open space beside Easthollow's territory, where Grayday was hoping to find more of the wild turkeys that seemed to thrive everywhere but the land that they'd claimed. He'd been toying with this idea for a while, thinking that if they could just herd some of the turkeys toward Easthollow, they could keep them safe and tended and fat there to be used as back-up, should another famine strike the lands.

He had plans to leave in the springtime, but that didn't mean he wouldn't worry about the family he was parting ways with. He would come back, after all, and he wanted them all still alive and well when he returned.

"When I joined this pack, it was in the middle of a terrible famine," he said to Akuti, his voice pitched low despite the fact that they were completely alone. If he'd shouted, he doubted even the wolves back at Easthollow would hear. "We were called Silvertip, back then, and we lived on this mountain - and Steady told me that he'd feed me to the others, if I didn't pull my weight."

It hadn't been funny then and it wasn't funny now, but Day couldn't help but look back on those days in wonder. He'd been a different wolf, back then, and it was hard to think about how he'd gotten himself here.

They were trotting through the dead, muddy grasses, heading toward a small stand of trees a few hundred yards away. Grayday had been stiffling yawns since they passed the borders, but he still kept going, determined to do something useful before heading back home.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread