Moonspear you wouldn’t leave 'til we loved in the morning
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
i couldn’t help it
small pp! hope it’s cool, but i can change it :)

[table width=85%][tr][td]
Again, the ghoulish hands of Dakarai’s words reached deep beneath her breast and wrenched her heart. Each word tore open a new wound, next to those bestowed upon her by the blackfeather fuckers. Olive bit her tongue, physically and metaphorically, to prevent herself from making any emotional retorts — she feared if she let her emotions rule her at that moment, it would come as a waterfall and the wretch would rush upon the swarthy man and pin him with her love, her caresses begging him for forgiveness. She could not — would not let herself do so. If she did not, her children were on the line. 

he was on the line.

A fresh sob boiled within her chest and the tears sprang to her glassy, glazed, green eyes ”Why must you say hateful things to me? the woman cried, sucking in her breath sharply and holding it in order to quell her tears. She could not expect anyone, not even her dear husband, to understand. One day, maybe… but his anger at her clouded his vision — and she couldn’t blame him.”I have no choice in th…” sniff. ”in this.” Her and Dakarai’s love had felt so good. Their companionship, their adventures, their nights spent together, heir lovemaking, their offspring — it was all so beautiful, like a dazzling kaleidoscope. Simply being in the mans presence had been enough for her to be inexplicably, deliriously happy. ”Our souls are eternal. If we cannot be one on earth, we will experience it in the heavens, free from the limitations of our physical bodies. In that way, we will live together… forever.” The lamb found that her breath came in short, rapid, dreadful breaths — yet her body heaved with the effort. She shook, ever entire frame ringing with vibrations and it was all too much. 

Looking at Dakarai, seething with not anger, but heartbreak — Olive could not take it. He does not understand, she continued to reason, but to think that for a single moment he did not love her — or worse, regretted their love — was too, too, too much. The downy wastrel needed to know that he still understood their love; knew it would always be there. It was only being put to rest, to reawaken later on… At least, that was how she understood their bond to be. Without a word, Olive closer the distance between her and the shadowed king and wrapped him in an embrace. Their chests kissed and her thin neck pressed hotly against his. Her maw leaned up and found the soft hairs behind his ear and she stayed like that for an interminable moment, simply feeling the sensation of Dakarai’s heart beating as one with her own.

After a trillion years, the lovelorn girl took a step back to press her forehead against his and rock gently back and forth, swaying with the movement of blood as it thrummed through her veins. Her words came as a whisper on her breath, barely perceptible to the ears — but tragedy had struck and their senses were heightened, there was no doubt that he heard her. “I will…” at first her words faded, unsure if her statement would do more harm than good. Perhaps this was the hedonistic side of Olive, saying whatever words felt good at the moment, but she felt it needed to be said. “...always love you.”  but damn if it didn't feel good.

Slowly, the trembling of her body began to subside. Surely this was part of the ebb and flow of heartbreak [another wave of sadness would surely crash over her soon] but she must make the most of this moment of clarify. Sniffling, she said ”You mean, you are to stay?” Olive had been so focused on the action of actually leaving him, ever since that night in the altar of twilight where she had such revelations, that she did not spare a thought for their life afterwards. He would stay? For this, she was glad — but also torn.

[/td][/tr][/table]
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: you wouldn’t leave 'til we loved in the morning - by Olive - April 27, 2017, 08:52 PM