Morningside Cuesta I watch the bees.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Like with Adeline, he wanted more than anything to give in at once, and grant Sunny the instant gratification he desired. After all, he wanted Sunny to be happy, didn't he? But Grayday couldn't bring himself to grant his son this wish. It was too far, too much, too soon. In a few months, he'd see if something had changed, but for now, it was out of the question. The boy was even younger than Grayday had been when he first left home, and the time without his mother and father, sisters and brothers had left scars on his heart that still ached to this day.

"Not yet," he said gently, standing firm in his decision. "In a few months, I might have a different answer for you. When you reach seven months - the age I was when I left home - I won't make you stay any longer. But five months is too young. You've not yet learned to hunt for yourself, and until you do, you can't just go to another pack. I am your father, and although Steady and Valette love you, it is not their responsibility to provide for you."

His ears still laid back in displeasure - not at Sunny's behavior, but at the pain he was clearly experiencing. "Perhaps if you become an adept hunter before you reach seven months, I'll rethink my answer sooner," he allowed, willing to compromise at least a little bit, since Sunny seemed to feel so strongly about the topic. If it had been Dawn, he might've stood more firmly, but he trusted his son to speak only what was truly on his heart, and not simply his current whimsy. Sunny was more mature than Dawn, in this respect, but still not yet mature enough to leave his father's side - at least in Grayday's opinion.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
I watch the bees. - by Sunny - April 22, 2017, 03:30 PM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Grayday Sr. - April 23, 2017, 11:57 PM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Sunny - April 24, 2017, 12:06 AM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Grayday Sr. - April 24, 2017, 12:12 AM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Sunny - April 24, 2017, 12:22 AM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Grayday Sr. - April 24, 2017, 12:31 AM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Sunny - April 24, 2017, 02:22 PM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Grayday Sr. - April 25, 2017, 03:42 PM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Sunny - April 25, 2017, 09:55 PM