Moonspear i have a hunger and i can’t seem to get full
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
All Welcome 
The realm of the gods existed skyward, and that was where Olive felt most comfortable — in her devotionals and her prayers, watching her two babies play and grow [were they not angels themselves, incarnate?]. When she was guided by divinity itself, only then did she feel safe. Every time she bowed her head or prostrated herself against the earth, Olive knew she was doing something good — abetting in her higher purpose, rather than challenging her fate at every turn. If she did just so, her family would be safe. Though Olive had thrown herself headlong into the philosophical tellings of the heavens [where the interconnective energies were most potent], the druid was often reminded that the physical realm — this flesh, the earth beneath her feet — also needed tending to.

So when the children were playing and Dakarai did not beguile her shadows, the women set about to her gardening.

The fecundity of the mountainside was apparent during the wetness of the season; small plants took root and blanketed the peaks, and everywhere she could see was a spectacle of different shades of green. More often than not, Olive could be found padding through the lushness, uprooting small flora and carrying it all to a small outcropping of trees; within which the druid have grown a veritable garden. Here the fae collected feverfew and raspberry, ginseng and motherwort [amongst others she did not know by name but by scent, and several ornamentals], nurtured her crops and watched them flourish. The medicinal properties of such plants were best left to those more skilled in the healing arts than she — but it was Olive whom could cultivate the seedlings, nurture them, and make them useful. Hadn't one of the dark sisters mentioned an interest in healing?

Even if the plants were not useful, Olive found the activity kept her grounded. It was a pleasant thing to do and kept her mind distracted from the omnipresence of the dark knight; so she decided to indulge herself that fine afternoon. After the children had roused and set about to their own business, Olive returned to her gardening; paws in the dirt, delicate jaws gripping the stalk of some plant, striving to create a perfect microenvironment so that it may bloom under her care.

and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
i have a hunger and i can’t seem to get full - by Olive - May 07, 2017, 03:20 PM