Moonspear fade left, fade right, fade out completely
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
every damn time…

When he returned her embrace, Olive’s resolve melted almost entirely, almost immediately. He nuzzled and preened her ear and her rosebud tongue eagerly swept from her lips to kiss at his sturdy maw; her heart expanded at his touch and there was a rush of vibrant energy that she felt even in her bones; and the man, that sweet man; he spoke as Dakarai was wont to do when he was in the throes of some intense emotion — with passion and color and many, many words. As hard of a man as he was, the brute was prone to such volatilities, good and bad. He had opened himself to her, and that’s what she had loved about him even from their first day together, but that’s what also killed her a thousand times over.

From her throat issued a low, needy whine. Even if she could not love him as she wanted to love him, she could delight in his nearness and eagerly eat up the sugared words her proffered her. He loved her, and she loved him too, and there he stood begging her to admit it! For a moment, Olive braced herself and turned a pale cheek, pulling herself away from his ministrations to look up at the sky — the gods were watching. Not wishing to bring the gods’ wrath down upon their family, but not wishing to turn her eternal lover away, Olive did not know what to do. So, Olive attempted to shut her mind against the thoughts. The druid then returned to Dakarai and once again resumed their cosseting.

Could she feel it?
”Of course!" She chimed brightly, her birdlike frame rubbing against his, her movements featherlight in the face of Dakarai’s strength. Her swimming, mossy pools looked up at him, beseeched him to understand — and he did understand — and she had longed to hear these words as much as she had loathed it. Olive softened her voice.

”Of course I do.”

Olive sighed just as Dakarai had; a heavy exhale, carrying all of her fears and uncertainties. “I feel you…” Her tail played curious game of cat and mouse around his hocks. “Everywhere.” She shuddered, knowing that she should shut this down, but what unable to. Instead, her tongue spoke words unbidden by her mind; she simply sought the divine pleasure that resulted in the union of their souls. ”All the time.” Again, her sweet mouth pressed against his own and the breathed in time. Her body vibrated. “We have succeeded, though. We are safe here.”

“I’m safe… with you.”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: fade left, fade right, fade out completely - by Olive - June 04, 2017, 07:31 PM