Altar of Twilight i painted you a picture, but it never looked right
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
a few characters have gone inactive/ppc, so hope nobody minds if I tack a generalized ending onto this.

As Olive gazed upon her firstborn, Dakarai took to introducing the rest of the family; Sirius’s own brothers and sisters, all of whom did not know each other. It made Olive sad to think about that fact, but almost everything about the situation make Olive sad so that emotion no longer shocked her. Her eldest babe did not know his father and did not know her… instead, he even called another his mama. It broke her heart a thousand times, but to look upon Sirius — living, breathing, simply existing — stitched the woman back together and made a whole out of so many little shattered pieces. 

Indignantly, Sirius rebuffed her affectionate moniker and provided a substitute; the name her and her husband, once so in love and filled with reckless abandon, had given him. Named after the thing she loved most, the star and the heavens themselves… all of their children were, of course, and each name held a very dear place in her heart. It was not the only thing that all three of her babes had in common — they all hated her tender nicknames. Their youthful annoyance was always entertaining, it was all in good fun. 

“Of course I remember, Sirius… my boy…”

He then batted her nose and Olive felt a small electric shock! at his touch. The touch did not seem to shake the small boy as it shook her, as he quickly turned his attention to the other children that milled about in the space between the two sets of adults — between whom flowed such deep animosity. But Olive penchant for producing this emotion shocked her, and she did not enjoy it, so she thought perhaps it would be best to make nice with the self-elected caretakers of her and Dakarai’s progeny.

When Sirius mentioned the names of several others, memory rushed to the pale fae. Lotte! The queen had been heavily pregnant during the trial; ominously so, and suffering quite visibly from premature labor pains. In the face of her own tragedies, Olive had neglected to pay the silvered queen’s woes any attention. In fact, the other woman’s litter had been forgotten almost entirely — it had been a tumultuous two months, after all.  ”Yours?” Olive questioned Arturo, breaking her silence towards the two Teaghlaigh wolves. Once, her family. Once, she might have known the names of these children… might have been their caretaker.

— but when Sirius questioned his ability to play with both families, in their entirety, the shrouded mother did not know what to say. Her lips parted, as if ready to say so many words — but none would come out. Her gaze darted from, not wanted to make any promises she wouldn’t be able to keep. She would not longer disappoint her family, if she could help it. But she could not deny she son what he wanted.

"Stardust, I pray for that to be our realities one day. We will work towards it... yes?"

Again, her eyes flitted to the adults gathered around the circle. The Teaghlaigh wolves were her enemy, but Olive could make nice for the sake of her family's wholeness. Her mind rooted around their stances and facial features, but she could derive no emotions from them that indicated their complicity. In the end, the two families parts and drew back to their individual oases [no worse for wear] to wait out the time until their next fated reunion.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread