Moonspear you can only remember what you want to forget
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
 He was well traveled indeed! It was something she liked in a man; a sense of vagrancy, freedom and self-reliance. It was something she had seen in Dakar from early on and what drew her to him — the sense that he could take care of her. But when Tryphon mentioned his discontent with any place he happened upon… the thought struck a chord with her, more than she expected it to. Olive sat back for a moment, thinkingly, then spoke.

“I know how that can be…”

Since the birth of the cubs, it had been difficult to think of any place as home. Once it was a coveted title reserved for no one other than Teaghlaigh, but now it was difficult to give that much of herself to Moonspear — her family’s saviors. Perhaps it was a defense mechanism, but she was quick to pawn the blame on her sense of necessity. Had she the freedom to travel as she wished, unburdened with the lives of her children, would she had ever joined a new pack?

The thought troubled her, but like so many other sorrows, Olive managed to swallow her sadness and muscled through the rest of the conversation with Tryphon. It was enjoyable — he was a jovial fellow and made her feel special with all of his questions and colorful stories. She giggled and batted her eyelashes, feeling her heart growing light and fluttered in her heart — and after they left, it was not only Dakarai she thought about that night.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: you can only remember what you want to forget - by Olive - July 19, 2017, 10:30 AM