Northstar Vale from this valley
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Editing as Calliope went inactive!

Calliope's words did not sting as they would have a more sensitive soul. Instead, Rannoch saw the humor in her observation and smiled. "I swear it's just going to hit me one day," he replied lightly,  "All of a suddenly I'll be this weathered old man and the pack will kick me out because they don't recognize their leader."  Rannoch could not imagine this happening, but, it was sure funny for him to image. While this topic was still fresh in his mind, Rannoch ventured to think of what Liffey would do if he came back to her looking suddenly different. Would she still like him? Or would she not believe it was him? Though this tall tale was highly unlikely, the Alpha felt a pang of panic at this, and he silently attempted to reassure himself that it would not happen. 

A short roll of thunder broke him from his paranoia, and he also turned his attention to the sky as he suddenly reunited his thoughts with the impending storm. Knowing that he was all too far from the pack and that Calliope needed shelter, too, the Alpha nodded. "This way," he directed, beckoning his muzzle to a cluster of willows not too far from where they were standing. Without another word, The man slipped past his company and towards it, feeling rushed in their need to seek the shelter. The rain would start at any moment, and Rannoch wasn't particularly fond of getting caught up in a downpour. Though he wasn't certain that it would rain heavily, the Alpha had an inkling of the future conditions due to how humid the air had grown.

With the rumble of thunder as their background noise, Rannoch settled himself down next to Calliope once they found their refuge. Bringing them further away from his territory, the Alpha felt more at ease with her presence. Naturally, questions came about the area in which Rannoch had come from. Describing their claim and how it had come to be. Though he didn't give her the nitty gritty details, Rannoch provided enough to feed her curiosity. 

When the rained cleared, Rannoch directed the woman in the direction in which she was heading, offering her tips about the direction she was heading in. Once she went on her way, Rannoch lingered, watching until the pale female was out of his sight. It was only then that he returned to his territory, happy to have been able to be of help to the wayward woman.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
Messages In This Thread
from this valley - by Calliope - May 29, 2017, 03:24 PM
RE: from this valley - by Rannoch’s Ghost - May 29, 2017, 04:11 PM
RE: from this valley - by Calliope - May 30, 2017, 03:22 PM
RE: from this valley - by Rannoch’s Ghost - May 31, 2017, 08:42 PM
RE: from this valley - by Calliope - May 31, 2017, 08:56 PM
RE: from this valley - by Rannoch’s Ghost - May 31, 2017, 09:15 PM