Neverwinter Forest all is almost lost and it starts to show
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch had fallen asleep at Liffey’s side on the night of October 30th. They were expecting their sixth—or was it seventh?—litter, and they were due any day now.

Rannoch woke up on the morning of October 31st in Neverwinter Forest, a shell of his former self. He had died in the middle of the night, peacefully in his sleep, and now, strangely enough, he found himself in the den where he’d been born.

He lifted his head slowly, blinking eternal sleep from his eyes, as he slowly took in his surroundings. The deb was shallow and tight, leaving little wiggle room for a wolf his stature and even less to the imagination. After all, why would he be here, in Neverwinter Forest, when he’d fallen asleep somewhere far, far away from here?

Rannoched shifted around, and he could tell he was awake, which caused him to feel something akin to dread in the pit of his stomach, a realization now that he was more aware—but, no, it couldn’t be. He often joked to Raven about how he was in his prime, how he and Liffey would have children for years to come—not yet! It wasn’t his time!

Feeling much like the child he’d been the last time he was in this den, but with tears pricking his eyes, Rannoch asked, Liffey? My love? There was still hope—if she answered, all his assumptions could vanish.

Are you there?
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
During the last year of Wraen's life it had become increasingly difficult for her to travel far or anywhere at all. Having been a person, who had craved adventures, had walked from one end of the Teekon wilds to the other numerous time, admitting her body failing her had been very hard. Spirit inside her heart had never aged and often-times she observed the other inhabitants of Brecheliant moving with such an effortless ease that she had envied them a little. She would have given much to have that energy even for a single day. 

Therefore becoming a ghost and being allowed to step back from beyond the veil that separated the two worlds had come with unexpected bonuses. Not only was she able to glide quietly and do so without feeling any pain or limitations, she could also just think of a location and appear there at once. There had been a time, of course, where the road was more important than the destination. But, when you do not know, how long you may stay here, visiting as many places as possible, in order to either reminisce or find someone, who had once known her and was still in this realm, felt more important. 

She could sense the presence of other ghosts as well. Towards most she felt indifferent, but some held a particular allure, drawing her closer to investigate. And, when she heard a familiar voice calling - not her exactly, she felt a very strong urge to respond. Just as Rannoch spoke to his wife, Wraen materialized nearby. Another friend she had not seen for an eternity. All on his own. Confused. "I don't think she is here, Rannoch," Wraen addressed him, nearing him. "I am afraid that you ran out of time," she told, regarding him with sympathy as the reality of the situation settled in. 
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Wraen? Rannoch asked, incredulous as he studied her ghostly form. What are you doing here? he asked, unwilling to put one and two together, Is this a dream? What's going on? Each question grew more desperate; he looked around wildly, trying to make sense of it all.

What was going on?
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Sorrow was something that Wraen did not experience in her pocket of Paradise, therefore she felt it all the more strongly now. Seeing Rannoch so lost and not really understanding the situation. His question of, whether this was a dream, did make her pause and think. After all she had had a long conversation with Towhee and she had definitely been very much alive. Wraen could not explain, why she had known, but you sensed the warm glow and vividness around the living. Being in their presence she had felt more alive herself too. 

Being here and now was different, however. Rannoch's form felt cool to her. She could read his emotions, but she did not grow any stronger in his presence. They were equal. Maybe for the time being he had more glow, since he had parted ways with his mortal shell just recently. "You called. I heard and I came," Wraen told him, sitting down. "The rest is up to you. Your party - so to say," she told him. "Except..." she cast a glance around. "If you were alive, you would not be all on your own far away from your wife, would you? You and Liffey were inseparable."
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Wrapping this up! Sorry, he just kind of … exploded on Wraen there. LOL.

"You and Liffey were inseparable," Wraen said.

Were inseparable.

Rannoch began to spiral, his world spinning beneath his ghastly form, until his world went dark—POOF. The news had been too much for him to handle. He was gone, his spirit longing to be near the one he loved more than life itself, and so that is where he went. He would haunt the woods surrounding the Frosthawk's claim until it was time for her to join him.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen did not know, if she should feel surprised, shocked or slightly insulted by her old friend's lack of decourum and manners, when meeting her in the afterlife. She let out a small, awkward laugh, and cast a glance around the old den. For a moment there she wondered, if she should follow him and get a glimpse of, which grounds he had left her for to haunt. She could, but decided not to. After all death and dying was a deeply personal matter. Rannoch had appeared startled enough by his new life and she did not wish to upset him more by stalking. 

It would have been nice to talk with him, catch up with, what had happened, while she had been gone. But the timing had been wrong and she was sure that they would never meet each other again. After all there was only so much ocntacts one could keep active and Wraen knew that she would not be among anyone that Rannoch would consider important. 

"Good luck, my friend!"
she told to the silence and darkness and disappeared.