Moonspear as you sleep through a winter’s dream
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Following her rebuff, Olive immediately felt the mood of the meeting shift. She didn’t need to open her eyes in order to see the hurt upon his face — she could feel it in her bones, because her own words stung herself just as strongly. He questioned her, but Olive could not bring herself to utter a response — whatever she said would be inane and she would flounder under the pressures of Dakarai’s skepticism. Frustration rose in the throat, so the shrouded face grit her teeth together and ground her molars together.  She had asked him to stop, but he didn’t stop. Dakarai never stopped.

It was part of the reason she loved him so. 

Then, when Dakarai mentioned the gods and their punitive measures against her, her mossy gaze snapped back to his lovely visage and narrowed. “Don’t mock them!” she shuddered incredulously, quickly reminded that Dakarai did not truly understand why she did the things she did. If he did understand, truly knew her motives, he would not tempt their fate — tempt her. Dakarai could not grasp the power the omnipotent held over their lives, though he did weave wonderful stories about their powers, so she would need to take the reigns here.

The fae furrowed her velveteen brown in consternation. “Just… leave!” she gasped finally, wishing him to be away from her side. Oh, how she loved him here — and how she hated it more! Perhaps she would take the north side of the mountain, and he could claim the south, and the children could spend weekdays with their mother and weekends/holidays with their father. Yes, that seemed fair! Anything to protect him and the children that were born from their love.

She gritted her teeth against the sensation of her clouded mind. When she and her lover were parted, her cognition was as clear and smooth as glass — strong, too. But when she looked at him, her knees turned to jelly. Her entire mien became foggy and confused. Her goals and devotions, obscured. Most of her mistakes and most of her crimes had been for him; by him!  When she looked upon Dakarai, she was devoted to the man with her whole being. 

So, Olive shut her eyes once again.  “I need to think.” she mumbled to herself. “I can’t think here…”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
as you sleep through a winter’s dream - by Olive - June 17, 2017, 02:08 PM
RE: as you sleep through a winter’s dream - by Olive - June 24, 2017, 03:38 PM
RE: as you sleep through a winter’s dream - by Olive - June 29, 2017, 01:14 PM
RE: as you sleep through a winter’s dream - by Olive - July 02, 2017, 02:04 PM