Overture Downs what we lost in the fire, we'll find in the ashes
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day gave a hearty laugh at her words, shaking his head even as he shot her a speculative look. "Come on, you don't want to get me in trouble, do you?" he replied. A huff of disappointment escaped him when she denied him a name, but he held still while she nipped him goodbye.

It's for the best, he thought to himself, a frown creasing his features as he thought back on his actions. It'd been just a game, to be sure, but there'd been a subtext there that he hadn't acknowledged at the time. I really am trying to get myself in trouble, the male realized, thinking guiltily of the family he had waiting on him back at home.

Still, he watched the strange woman dashing away, his frown deepening at the show she was giving. I have to be more careful, he told himself, but his mind was already elsewhere. He couldn't help but think about how Adeline would never have done that, would never have thought twice about his actions, if it'd been her instead of the stranger. Perhaps that was what had put him at ease, had him acting like a free agent. If it'd been Adeline, it would've been innocent.

The male turned away, the now clearly-punctuated differences between the two causing him to view the woman in a lesser light. It wasn't her fault, he knew - he'd given a certain impression, and the woman had acted on it. That made him the home wrecker, and not her... But he couldn't help it. His heart belonged to someone else, and the stranger and everyone else would always be second-rate.

He thought of green eyes as he made his way home, trying his best to picture them in a thin, dark face.
Thank you, too! Sorry about Day being a lame-o XD
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
RE: what we lost in the fire, we'll find in the ashes - by Grayday Sr. - July 09, 2017, 11:06 PM