Northstar Vale we are stardust stories
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Humbled by the title in which Mato has bestowed upon his, the Alpha dipped his head momentarily with a smile, as if outwardly expressing his gratitude for such a grand title. "You're too kind," he mused. Despite his title as top-dog, Rannoch had never likened himself to a King. From the stories that he had been told as a child, and from what he had inferred, Kings rarely sought the company of their subordinates. Instead, they remained locked away with their bounty to allow the others to govern. Despite what he thought, Rannoch found Mato's words to be nothing but kindly intended. 

What followed the compliment was a confession and Rannoch nodded. Summer marked a new chapter for the wolves of the Vale, and the once-migrant pack had settled into a comfortable routine. Despite him not regularly crossing paths with some of his members, as his routine often carried him to the outskirts of his territory, the Vale was still thriving, and the Alpha couldn't be happier. 

"News of your ambitions please me, Mato," he rumbled fondly. "It will be great to have another mercenary among our ranks," and honestly, Rannoch saw Mato's decision fitting. The Omicron had fancied himself a defender of Mother Earth, and Rannoch was pleased that he would extend his loyalty to the Vale. "I can help you with learning the ropes of the borders, too, if you want." 

When asked of his well-being, Rannoch reflected on all that had happened since the pair had spoken last. "I've been very well," he decided, as life has been smooth sailing even with the occasional road bump. "The Vale has been doing surprisingly well, and we gained a new member, too. Mouse. Have you met him?" He paused, allowing time for the other to respond before continuing. "I also spent time around our neighboring territories to see if there was any trace of bears and, thankfully, I found none." But even with this reassurance, Rannoch still found himself plagued by the occasional nightmare.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
Messages In This Thread
we are stardust stories - by rip gemini - July 09, 2017, 06:21 AM
RE: we are stardust stories - by Rannoch’s Ghost - July 09, 2017, 05:37 PM
RE: we are stardust stories - by rip gemini - July 10, 2017, 05:03 AM
RE: we are stardust stories - by Rannoch’s Ghost - July 10, 2017, 06:07 PM
RE: we are stardust stories - by rip gemini - July 10, 2017, 07:01 PM
RE: we are stardust stories - by Rannoch’s Ghost - July 11, 2017, 09:25 AM
RE: we are stardust stories - by rip gemini - July 11, 2017, 06:40 PM
RE: we are stardust stories - by Rannoch’s Ghost - July 15, 2017, 10:43 AM