Morningside Cuesta and maybe i talk too much but there's so much to say
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Clearly, all was not forgotten. Grayday was relieved that she wasn't trying to sweep it all under the rug, though he didn't let that show on his face. He waited a beat after her stunted attempt at words, still wondering himself what needed to be said. Apologies, doubtlessly, but... But did he have anything to apologize for? Hadn't he apologized enough last night? Had he apologized at all?

Grayday thought back, but the whole conversation had gone by in a quick flash-flash-flash of hurt and confusion. He'd raised his voice, he knew. What had he said to her, in his anger?

"I'm sorry I raised my voice," he said after a moment. "It doesn't matter what we're feeling; yelling is never the answer. I shouldn't have done that."

It rankled his pride to admit to this when he still felt her guilt was greater than his own, but he knew that her faults did not cancel out his own. Even if they did, he could humble himself long enough to get this behind them.

"Is there anything else I need to apologize for?" He added, his voice gentle and sincere. He didn't want her to think he was mocking her (as she had done to him) - he just wasn't sure what had escalated their arugment, and wanted to make all amends on his side before allowing her to do the same. He only wanted to have this conversation once.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
RE: and maybe i talk too much but there's so much to say - by Grayday Sr. - July 13, 2017, 02:45 PM