Morningside Cuesta and maybe i talk too much but there's so much to say
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday thought for a moment, but eventually, shook his head. He didn't need to hear her tell him she was sorry. What did he stand to gain from that? "You don't need to apologize to me," he told her, finishing Arushi's bath and tucking her next to her sister. Both girls were quiet, for now. Grayday thought carefully over his next words.

"I want us to make each other a promise - that whatever we feel towards each other, we'll always put the kids first. Their needs, their feelings, and their safety - " But that wasn't enough. Last night, Khoe had known their daughter was fine, but had held the information over his head. "And I need you to be able to talk to me about them, no matter what's going on between us. Hell, I hope it never comes to that. I want us to be happy for a long time. But if you're mad at me - if we can't even look at each other without being angry - we still need to be able to sit down and talk about these kids."

He looked down at the girls, and then across at Dauntless before fixing his stare at Khoe's face. "This is our second chance. The chance to do things right. Can we promise each other that they'll always come first?"
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
RE: and maybe i talk too much but there's so much to say - by Grayday Sr. - July 13, 2017, 11:51 PM