Moonspear all complete in the sight of life with you
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
While she wanted to lend all of her attention to the skies, questions came quickly. "Yes, exactly, do not look right at it right now. When it gets darker, you can only if you are careful," she reaffirmed sternly after her older daughter to really drive the point home. It was tempting, she understood, but quick glimpses were for the best here. Jarilo was already catching onto the shadows it cast, too, so that was another way to behold the oddity of the sun blacking out in the middle of the day. "I do not know what blocks it out exactly—but I have heard many different attempts to explain, from a giant dragon swallowing it, squabbling gods disrupting its glow, the sun simply being angry and leaving its post for a quick break..." she glanced from pup to pup as she explained, but of course, any were free to draw their conclusions from what she could impart. With something so celestial and faraway, dividing fact from fiction was entirely negotiable, and in her mortal life, she may never have the answers for sure. "One that interested me most of all may be that it is a quarrel between the sun and the moon, in which the moon overtakes the sun, which is why nighttime comes during the day." She quieted then for a few more breaths—a pause that suggested, again, to look how dark was now.

But it all could easily be founded in nonsense from tales passed from generations downward. Who knew. She'd never seen a dragon or a god in the flesh, especially not one massive enough to disturb the sun, nor could she spot the moon in the sky right now to let it take the credit for this due to its phase. All were just maybes at best. "Maybe one day we could know for sure what it is. But they do not happen often.. not like this," she swung her snout to the nearby mountainscape, and then, it went even darker as the eclipse edged in the very last seconds before full totality.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
all complete in the sight of life with you - by Amekaze - August 21, 2017, 11:15 PM
RE: all complete in the sight of life with you - by Hydra - August 22, 2017, 11:07 AM
RE: all complete in the sight of life with you - by Charon - September 07, 2017, 07:26 AM
RE: all complete in the sight of life with you - by Galaxy - September 07, 2017, 04:22 PM
RE: all complete in the sight of life with you - by Hydra - September 12, 2017, 05:32 PM
RE: all complete in the sight of life with you - by Jarilo - September 13, 2017, 04:33 PM
RE: all complete in the sight of life with you - by Amekaze - September 24, 2017, 04:22 AM
RE: all complete in the sight of life with you - by Charon - September 25, 2017, 07:45 AM
RE: all complete in the sight of life with you - by Galaxy - September 27, 2017, 12:44 PM
RE: all complete in the sight of life with you - by Charon - October 25, 2017, 03:34 AM