Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Private 
ooc: forwarded few days in the future. @Burke 

Now - come to think of it - Wraen thought it had been a very silly idea to leave Moonspear early in the morning, when there had been the smell of snow and storm in the air. Even more stupid to decide to wander further along the shores than usual. Harsh winds and heavy snowfall had caught the young, daring wolf not too late after and she had sought refuge in a nearby forest. Although it later turned out than in the very poor-visibility conditions instead of "nearby" she had chosen to go "far-far-far-by" a lot. 

When the snowstorm had ended, Wraen found herself not only totally lost in a foreign place, but also that her tracks had been swept away. She did not panic - it had not been the first time she had got lost and her inner compass had always got her on the right tracks. So - all she had to do was - concentrate and follow the direction it would lead. South - in this case. Except, what her trustworthy "tool" had not taken in account was the mountain range that split the valley. And therefore, by heading South Wraen was not necessarily heading towards the destination in her mind.

One day passed, then the other and Wraen's inital optimism was replaced by worry - because nothing of the surroundings seemed familiar to her. What was worse - there weren't any other packs in the vicinity. Therefore no one, whom she could ask for the right way. On the third day, exhausted from walking, hungry and thirsty she stopped by, what appeared to be a waterfall, and began to drink the cold water. It skipped her attention that she had approached the only settlment in this part of the lands.
Messages In This Thread
I hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain - by Wraen - December 18, 2017, 02:18 PM