Arrow Lake i want a boy who’s so drunk he doesn’t talk
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
It was nice how he entertained her conversations and did not shy away from philosophical topics, despite his clear unknowingness of the subject. To Olive, it was all more a matter of opinion, anyways — but the topic of the lupine condition oftentimes did not seem pertinent, and those around her defaulted to trite subjects such as the weather or the movement of the elk herds. It was nice to indulge in such conversation with a willing and lighthearted partner.

That is true, she agreed when the brute mentioned that it’s impossible to be oneself, if one doesn’t know oneself. Otherwise, how could it be labeled as the truth, if it stemmed from a place of ignorance? It was often the first hurdled that kept others from pursuing the spiritual path, and it was a big one indeed — for truly knowing oneself was not always pretty. But, they were not alone to fight down the path of universal truth on their own. With a wry smile, the lamb pointed out but, the universe is a wonderful teacher, to those who choose to listen. For it was the gods that had paved her road from curiosity to self-inquiry, after all. 

A giggle pealed from the woman’s maw, and she attempted to cover her mouth with a tiny, pointed paw. Then you are truly lucky! she commented brightly, out from behind her shield. For so long she had wished to be free, but was unwilling to leave her cubs behind; she loved them so! Now that she was not caught in the clutches of necessity, Olive felt her soul become light and buoyant once more. Are you a pack wolf? I feel you might be a hunter — or a guardian. Olive planted both forepaws back upon the earth and leaned towards him once more, pretending to cut a critical, discerning eye towards him. She could scent others upon his pelt, but she wanted to hear him say it.

and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
i want a boy who’s so drunk he doesn’t talk - by Olive - January 18, 2018, 01:28 AM
RE: i want a boy who’s so drunk he doesn’t talk - by Olive - February 09, 2018, 03:44 PM