Ankyra Sound o green world, don't desert me now
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
introspectively she examined the ragged ghost, recalling to mind their first encounter with a rueful and half-hidden smile. it was life's small irony that they had first met in a cave and now, their chapter was concluded by the grotto - perhaps she would serve as the silvery wraith's bookends -- or he as hers. 

it had been a lifetime ago -- in a mountainous area where the spires cut like razorback bristles against the endless skies. it had been storming then. for a moment she wondered what ever would have happened if the storm had not battered both of them into shelter.

as happy as he could be. caiaphas selfishly accepted that -- she did not believe either of them were capable of true bliss, and life had a strange way of tormenting its participants. he asked if she could want for anything more and her gaze flitted as she considered the question. most of her needs were met one way or another -- her belly was always satiated, her want for violence was usually fulfilled by the occasional antagonizing of an outsider. rarely she wanted for company, and when she broke from her heavy spells of intense isolation kierkegaard was there to oblige her. she had yet to tire of his company for that reason -- he was equally if not more independent, and she enjoyed their strange but oddly functional coexistence.

the only other thing the sylph wanted for required something she was unwilling to give to any wolf -- her gaze momentarily hardened as she thought of lasher, the only wolf to have ever proposed such affection towards her -- she had been interminably fond of lasher, but he was put into the cold ground years ago. it saddened her she would not see those intelligent moss-green eyes ever again, or witness the warm way the sunlight reflected off of his silver-flecked muzzle. kierkegaard was so different from him in every way, and she was grateful for it. she was unaware of kierkegaard regarded their arrangement as anything but platonic, but in some ways she viewed it as something a little more.

"it's a fulfilled life." she murmured, disappointed in herself for not uttering "yeah, duh - puppies." somehow, she thought such bald honestly would make their conversation wheel into an awkward and stilted stop.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - January 20, 2018, 02:20 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - January 27, 2018, 10:20 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - January 31, 2018, 07:06 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - February 06, 2018, 01:06 AM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - February 06, 2018, 10:38 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - February 07, 2018, 12:25 AM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - February 08, 2018, 02:32 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - February 09, 2018, 06:51 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - February 11, 2018, 05:19 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - February 27, 2018, 01:17 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - March 03, 2018, 06:42 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - March 10, 2018, 06:15 PM