Moonspear when they come for you, i will shield your name
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Private 
Almost immediately after he and Liffey had parted ways, Rannoch had set off to distance himself from his wife so that he could talk to @Terance in private about what his and Liffey's intentions were. Rannoch sought the boulder they met at daily for their patrol, and once he was next to it, he let out an urgent howl to beckon his friend to their meeting spot. 

An unpleasant concoction of anxiety and stressed sloshed in the pit of Rannoch's stomach as he watched Terance approach from afar. Rannoch moved quickly to meet his friend halfway and greeted him with an ardent nudge to the flank. "Terance, hey," Rannoch said breathlessly as he pulled from their embrace. "Thanks for coming so quickly— I'm sorry if I interrupted anything. But, uh, there's something pretty important I wanted to talk to you about." Rannoch did not shy from eye-contact; he wanted to assess his friend's every move in an attempt to fully comprehend his reaction. 

"Me and Liffey are leaving Moonspear today— as soon as we possibly can. But I know I needed to talk to you first before we did anything. You're my best friend, dude, and the thought of leaving you is tearing me apart already... I just can't imagine not having you in my life." Rannoch felt his voice grow tight, and he exhaled to attempt to lessen the tension. "Liffey can't see herself raising a family here with everything going on, and she's never felt at home here, and I can't continue living here knowing that." He frowned, hoping that he'd understand. 

"I don't know where we're going, either, but, we wanted to see if you wanted to come along with us. Wraen, too. You guys are like family to us, and we love you." For a moment, a flash of paranoia overcame Rannoch, and he quickly regarded the empty landscape to see if anybody was overhearing his soliloquy. When it seemed as though the coast was clear— as the most-recent scent of a packmate was well-faded— Rannoch continued, his voice quieter. "And if we make a place of our own, Liffey and I would be honored to have you be our Beta." 

"And I know this is a big decision... so I understand if you need time," he added with a small smile. "Just know that whatever you choose, I'll support you and your decision." 
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
Messages In This Thread
when they come for you, i will shield your name - by Rannoch’s Ghost - February 18, 2018, 02:55 PM