Silvertip Mountain yeah, my brother went first
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Pack Activity 
Technically all welcome. This is a pack activity, set for right before the yet-to-be-posted Move. Not mandatory, but Grayday hopes you will make an appearance. We will probably just do one round and then close up if no one else has anything to say. @Spiritwalker @Pema @Dauntless @Lavender @Aliac @Sylvas Streiter @Kieran Adrien @Sunny @Sorrel Marie @Shale @Aviana @Raid @Forrest
It was tradition, in Grayday's family, to wait a full moon's cycle before consigning the bones of the dead to the earth. He wished he could do that for Chaska, but there were living wolves to think about. Besides, his bones had been picked clean of all the tendons and gristle. Enough time had passed for his spirit to depart, and now it was time for the Morningsiders to depart. Before they could do that, Chaska's bones needed to be carried to their final resting place.

Grayday laid the last bone down at the base of Silvertip Mountain, wishing he could see it one last time before he left. It didn't smell the same without the pack there. Felt malicious and alien without Adeline standing beside him. He wondered if she was still with the valley pack - if she was happy now or if his memory haunted her still. She haunted him - Grayday kept her like a talisman worn close to the heart, only remembered when he shed all his armor and stood bare and vulnerable. And he was vulnerable then, laying his dear friend to rest.

"He was a good wolf," said Grayday, his voice heavy with sorrow. "I wish I'd done more for him while he was alive. But we've done this for him, and now he can rest."
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
yeah, my brother went first - by Grayday Sr. - February 26, 2018, 09:49 PM
RE: yeah, my brother went first - by Spiritwalker - February 26, 2018, 10:03 PM
RE: yeah, my brother went first - by Sunny - February 26, 2018, 10:59 PM
RE: yeah, my brother went first - by Shale - February 26, 2018, 11:16 PM
RE: yeah, my brother went first - by Dauntless - February 27, 2018, 04:06 AM
RE: yeah, my brother went first - by Pema - February 28, 2018, 01:50 AM
RE: yeah, my brother went first - by Kieran Adrien - March 01, 2018, 05:49 AM
RE: yeah, my brother went first - by Grayday Sr. - March 04, 2018, 05:48 PM