The Sunspire i heard that you were in town
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The sylph shrank at Forrest’s question, every desire to share her news leaving her body at that very moment. Olive realized, quite suddenly, how much she did not want everyone to know this part of her. She wished it could be her secret until the end of time, so that she could be nothing but happy and celebratory when considering the lives that stirred within. Until this became public, Olive found it easy to settle into the peace that pack life afforded, but she was certain this pretty picture would soon fall apart. Didn’t it always? 

“No,” she admitted, her voice coming feeble — frightened. “I do not know how it happened.” I mean, of course she knew — her mind flashed to those nights in the wood, alone with that man, indulging in every fashion of indecency — but, no matter how godsent these cubs might be, Olive honestly thought she would had been smarter this time around. How many times must she put her children in danger, before she learned to plan ahead, instead of simply dealing with the outcomes of her choices? When might she learn that, just because she wanted something didn’t mean she should actually have it?

But still, it felt good not to shoulder this burden alone. Forrest was a woman that Olive implicitly knew she could trust; it was something the empath felt in her bones. She was in good hands. The midwife had Rannoch’s respect, and the mother-to-be could not help but appreciate the god’s great timing. “No one knows.” the waif admitted, somewhat surprised that Forrest had been so perceptive...  Well, actually, Forrest was an experienced mother herself and seemed to have shepherded many through their pregnancies, so perhaps her surprise was somewhat unwarranted. It was an idea that her mind worked to process in the background. 
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
i heard that you were in town - by Forrest - March 03, 2018, 01:34 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Olive - March 03, 2018, 03:02 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Forrest - March 04, 2018, 08:13 AM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Olive - March 04, 2018, 02:01 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Forrest - March 04, 2018, 04:31 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Olive - March 04, 2018, 05:38 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Forrest - March 05, 2018, 07:52 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Olive - March 06, 2018, 07:26 PM